PDA

View Full Version : Cii-Cii

B.P.S Studios
31st July 2008, 12:44 PM
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/503/medium/BP309303-web.jpg

OlyPaul
1st August 2008, 12:42 PM
This young lady has a wonderfull eyes and a engaging smile.

But for me it has been spoilt by the pose, I do not have to see the full lengh image to know that her arm is straight and taking most of the weight, this results in the shoulder blade being pushed up and the tricep muscle at the back of the arm to be distended. Not the most flattering of poses for the femine form in my opinion.

I personely prefer the arm furthest away from the camera to support body weight if it cannot be avoided or if not the forearm and the elbow to take the weight.

And belive me when I say I am not trying to come on like the Judge but it is in the perfection section and I learnt this the hard way myself in my early years of portrait and glamour work...I can certainly post one of my early ones with the distended tricep muscle the same as yours that I took on film if you do not belive me.:)

The Judge
1st August 2008, 02:07 PM
For me I am not entirely sure this pose is as bad as Paul says because right now what is disturbing me about this image more than anything is the confusing background. It is neither one thing or another and it "divides" the picture. I cant help but notice the rock to the right of her face which is off putting. Perhaps something can be pulled from the bag of photographic tricks that is Photoshop? With a more neutral background it will be easier to assess the portrait subject and pose.

Your gallery sir has some quite excellent pictures.

PeterD
1st August 2008, 02:23 PM
For me I am not entirely sure this pose is as bad as Paul says because right now what is disturbing me about this image more than anything is the confusing background. It is neither one thing or another and it "divides" the picture. I cant help but notice the rock to the right of her face which is off putting. Perhaps something can be pulled from the bag of photographic tricks that is Photoshop? With a more neutral background it will be easier to assess the portrait subject and pose.

Your gallery sir has some quite excellent pictures.

I too have to agree that the detail in the background is far too distracting. As for the pose, no problem as I see it.

Peter

B.P.S Studios
1st August 2008, 02:53 PM
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/503/medium/BP309303-web1.jpg

Hi Guys, Agreed on the backround as for the pose I think its a matter of taste