PDA

View Full Version : Challenge #54 - WATER

cariadus
10th February 2013, 01:32 PM
The theme for the next challenge is something we have plenty of at this time of year, at least round here: WATER

Please send your entries to me by E-mail: cariadus @ gmail dot com before midnight Sunday 10 March 2013

General rules:
==================

Max. 800 pixels in width or height
Up to 512KB
EXIF intact
Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between 10 February 2013 and 10 March 2013.
Include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.
Full rules:
==================
1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 10 February and 10 March 2013 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 10 March 2013. We will vote in the week following, results announced soon after voting closes. More reminders and details nearer the date.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-* camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.
4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

gregles
10th February 2013, 02:17 PM
That is a great choice of subject Roger - you don't even need to leave the house for this one;)

Hope you get loads of entries - I am away to get me thinking head on:)

Greg

cariadus
10th February 2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks Greg. I thought I'd make it quite wide in the hope of getting as many entries as possible.

By the way, could the mods make this a sticky perhaps?

cariadus
11th February 2013, 07:10 PM
*Bump*
(Any chance of making this a sticky, mods? And maybe removing the sticky from Challenge 53?)

Bikie John
12th February 2013, 11:47 AM
Roger - if you send a PM to Ian and The Music Man, one of them will sort it. They may have just missed this thread in all the traffic.

Ciao ... John

PS Good challenge!

Chevvyf1
15th February 2013, 08:15 PM
Well I shall try :) Nick says I am always TRYING :) :D

cariadus
17th February 2013, 06:32 PM
Well I shall try :) Nick says I am always TRYING :) :D

Trying in a good way, I'm sure! :)

Some people seem to be having trouble deciphering my email address so I'll give it again:
cariadus @ gmail.com (without the spaces, obviously).

If you send me an email and don't get a reply within 24 hours please PM me.

2 entries received so far.

Chevvyf1
17th February 2013, 07:34 PM
GOSH :eek: 2 entries ALREADY *chr

I am still trying ... :D ... soon I shall try your email Roger :)

Chevvyf1
5th March 2013, 08:25 AM
I went out with camera yesterday - but on reviewing the days "takings" I was very dissappointed :( ... so have to go out again, today :)

David Morison
5th March 2013, 09:56 AM
Here's mine - the view South East towards Punta de Sagres, plenty of water here:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/P2234359-2.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/58407)

E-M5 plus Leica 14-150mm

David

cariadus
5th March 2013, 03:49 PM
I had been meaning to bump this thread so Thanks Chevvy for doing it for me! I've just been so incredibly busy lately.

Umm...David, or anyone else that would like to enter, entries should be emailed to me: cariadus @ gmail.com (without the spaces obviously) by 10 March. Please see the first post in this thread for the full rules.

cariadus
6th March 2013, 10:47 PM
6 entries received so far, including 3 today.

You have until end of play on Sunday to get any more entries to me: cariadus @ gmail.com

Chevvyf1
7th March 2013, 08:27 AM
Phew! I have just sent mine in :) I hope you have received it Roger ? :confused:

cariadus
7th March 2013, 10:11 AM
Yep, safely received, thanks Chevvy. 4 days left (including today) for anyone else that would like to enter.

rutwij
9th March 2013, 11:37 PM
Bumping this thread a little bit. Hope to see some great shots like ones for the last challenge!

cariadus
10th March 2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks rutwij.

Just to remind everyone that you have until the end of today to submit a photo for the challenge. Please email entries to me, cariadus @ gmail.com (without spaces obviously). Please see the first post in this thread for conditions of entry.

cariadus
11th March 2013, 09:09 PM
Thanks to all that entered the challenge, which is now closed. Sorry for the delay in posting the entries - crazy work schedule at the moment. Should be able to do it tomorrow hopefully.