PDA

View Full Version : Two Weeks in Six Minutes

Yat
19th January 2013, 11:16 AM
All this snow and ice reminded me of my two weeks in Finland last year. I spend quite a lot of time oversea on extreme weather testing as part of my job. I was in Rovaniemi, Finland in the Arctic circle in January 2012. I wanted to document my trip in a more dynamic way and chose to use a mix of video and time lapse photos.

Everything were shot my my E-PL1 apart from the short sequence of video in a night club using my phone. As the E-PL1 do not have a remote shutter port, I set the a anti shock delay, then used a coin on the shutter button and held it there using a rubber band to shoot the time lapse photos.

https://vimeo.com/36681459

Barr1e
19th January 2013, 01:53 PM
I enjoyed that quite ingenious way of putting a video together. At least the aeroplanes flew. :p

The 'stills' + video worked well - congratulations.

Regards. Barr1e

Imageryone
19th January 2013, 02:23 PM
Most enjoyable mix, looks a lively place to visit?

Phill D
19th January 2013, 07:07 PM
I like that style too, very innovative.

Yat
20th January 2013, 05:12 PM
Rovaniemi is a small town by UK standard. It was very cold shooting outside at -35°C. Could not shoot more than 30mins before getting very cold.

Tordan58
22nd January 2013, 03:37 PM
The mix of still and video works well.

I also think the ratio between duration showing each frame / frame per second is about right for this kind of semi-dynamic scenes.

Out of curiosity, what was the time delay you used when shooting, and how long time is each frame displayed when you compiled the video?

/Tord

Yat
22nd January 2013, 08:21 PM
Most of the shot with people were shot at 2s intervals. The sequence from the car were shot at 4s intervals. I varied the frame rate at various footage to get a more natural look. In the end, most were played at between 5-6 frames a second.

Ross the fiddler
24th June 2015, 11:57 AM
It was nice to see this video & thread after it had been lifted by a scammer (in a thread titled "Behind the Scene") & so I think it deserves a proper re-appearance by reviving this thread as I did enjoy seeing it. *yes

*chr

Willom
27th June 2015, 08:26 PM
That is a really interesting video and well put together. I like the soundtrack too. Particularly as you started off with one of my favourite tracks. I assume it was deliberate considering the conditions you were shooting in. I particularly like the the de-icing sequence at the airport.

Will

Yat
27th June 2015, 11:18 PM
Thanks, I chose the music as it suits the mood.

Phill D
28th June 2015, 06:57 AM
Nice revival guys it definitely was worth a second look, really good Yat. What have you put together lately?

Yat
1st July 2015, 09:40 PM
Thanks, I used Window Movie Maker. It is a very basic editor.