PDA

View Full Version : OM-D Screen issues

Mark Thackara
16th January 2013, 09:29 AM
I am well aware that there are some concerns about crazing on the LCD. It has been well documented.

I am assured it does not affect perfomance and it is still being investigated but there is no real news.

Please keep the faith - i am sure we will get there.

Seonnaidh
16th January 2013, 10:52 AM
First I've heard of it.
Is this anything to do with some people reporting cracks on the bevel surrounding the screen?
Must get another body real soon. If this one goes wrong I'm stuffed.

Mark Thackara
16th January 2013, 11:16 AM
Yes that is it BUT it is cosmetic not operational so no need to panic but we do have some good offers on!

Roy Clarke
16th January 2013, 12:21 PM
but we do have some good offers on!

Where do we find the "good offers"?

Regards
Roy

Mark Thackara
16th January 2013, 01:09 PM
Until Jan 31st we are extending the "get a 45mm lens free" but I will do the grip as am alternative and throw in a battery!

gregles
16th January 2013, 01:20 PM
Any offers on the EPL5?

Greg

Zuiko
16th January 2013, 04:22 PM
Until Jan 31st we are extending the "get a 45mm lens free" but I will do the grip as am alternative and throw in a battery!

That's great news for anyone thinking of buying the E-M5 but who has already got the lens. Thanks Mark.

Olybirder
16th January 2013, 04:30 PM
That's great news for anyone thinking of buying the E-M5 but who has already got the lens. Thanks Mark.
Or to look at it another way: buy a slightly overpriced spare BLN-1 battery and get a free OM-D camera and grip. ;)

Ron

Zuiko
16th January 2013, 04:30 PM
Yes that is it BUT it is cosmetic not operational so no need to panic

I think, after the initial scare, most of us have come to that conclusion. Thanks for the update though, Mark, it's reasurring to know that this issue is being investigated. I'm glad to say that my crack hasn't got any bigger.

Zuiko
16th January 2013, 04:34 PM
Or to look at it another way: buy a slightly overpriced spare BLN-1 battery and get a free OM-D camera and grip. ;)

Ron

That could be a useful way of justifying it to the wife - "It's only a spare battery I've bought, Darling, honest - but it did come with a few freebies." :D

David M
16th January 2013, 04:34 PM
John, you may want to edit that last sentence to make it clear which crack you're talking about.

StephenL
16th January 2013, 04:42 PM
. I'm glad to say that my crack hasn't got any bigger.
Amen to that :D

Simon Bee
16th January 2013, 07:31 PM
Amen to that :D

+1 :D:D:D:D:D

I almost chocked on my coffee ! That's what I love most about this forum, we can make witty replies and rarely does anyone get offended as we are all such a friendly bunch ;)

Simon

David M
16th January 2013, 08:09 PM
It must be said, I'm deeply offended by John bragging about the size of his crack.

Zuiko
16th January 2013, 08:10 PM
Would it be like me to be deliberately ambiguous? :rolleyes:

PeterBirder
16th January 2013, 08:25 PM

No comment.:D:D:D

StephenL
16th January 2013, 08:31 PM
I'd answer if I knew exactly what you meant.

cliff
17th January 2013, 12:50 AM
I am well aware that there are some concerns about crazing on the LCD. It has been well documented.

I am assured it does not affect perfomance and it is still being investigated but there is no real news.

Please keep the faith - i am sure we will get there.

Hi Mark ,and thanks for the update, I've put some pix of the crack on my one S/n BEL513127 in my gallery, but can't post at the moment, I hope this may help
IMHO it looks like the screw has been over torqued and caused a stress crack, this could be the result of an errant torque setting or driver gone out of correct adjustment ?
If you want any numbers from the box just let me know
ATB Cliff

jamsa
20th January 2013, 05:52 PM
I want this resolved ASAP...the closer to the warranty date expiry the less happy i will be...