PDA

View Full Version : Out in the snow.

Weldingblues
14th January 2013, 09:35 PM
Out in the snow for a walk and found this place

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad254/weldingblues/Olympus%20Shots/Winterinthewoods_resized_zps732b051e.jpg

Taken with the Pana 12-35mm, removed the PF in Lightroom and a few tweeks in Elements. Shot in raw which is a first for me with this camera.

wellyboot
17th January 2013, 04:15 PM
I like the way the band of light falls into the water!!

Zuiko
17th January 2013, 04:43 PM
A great location to find, the small pond adds interest to an otherwise standard woodland scene and I like the mood in this wintery shot.

Weldingblues
17th January 2013, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the comments, I have been to this area 6 times and this is the first time I found this spot.

It will be entered into the camera club competitions as "Tranquility", it probably will not get anywhere but if you don't try etc.

Regards

Zuiko
17th January 2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the comments, I have been to this area 6 times and this is the first time I found this spot.

It will be entered into the camera club competitions as "Tranquility", it probably will not get anywhere but if you don't try etc.

Regards

You have to be in it to win it! But if you don't win it doesn't matter, it's whether you like it or not that counts. :)

Good luck!

Weldingblues
17th January 2013, 09:53 PM
You have to be in it to win it! But if you don't win it doesn't matter, it's whether you like it or not that counts. :)

Good luck!

Thanks, I will post the comments from the judge on here but it's down to what he thinks is the best on the night.

Seonnaidh
17th January 2013, 10:05 PM
Who's the judge?

Weldingblues
17th January 2013, 10:56 PM
Who's the judge?

The judge this time is Alan Hale, not sure where he is from.

Zuiko
17th January 2013, 11:10 PM
The judge this time is Alan Hale, not sure where he is from.

A quick google reveals that he comes from Royston.

Imageryone
17th January 2013, 11:44 PM
Title suits it, best of luck with the comp.

drmarkf
20th January 2013, 11:40 PM
Lovely. Reminds me a little of the large-format B&W images now being taken by Don McCullin (I assume most people have seen then film).