PDA

View Full Version : He stepped intothe limelight .......

JackBenedict
25th July 2008, 06:16 PM
Hello Olympus users,

My name is Jack Benedict, ( pen name )

I live in Swansea,10 minutes from the world renowned beaches of the Gower.

I have only recently acquired an E510 with two lenses. Indeed if I am honest I am new to digital photography,and that is all down to my wife buying me an E510 when we were in America. Well I say my wife,apparently she met(cornered ) these 2 canadian professional photographers who were shopping for gear,and the rest is history as they say. Before that I was into 35mm film photography,so we'll see what happens now.

It's good to see that the forums are good natured and everybody seems to want to help others where possible .... something I may call upon some of at a later date.

I look forward to reading and participating in the future success of the Olympus group.

Best Regards
Jack

theMusicMan
25th July 2008, 06:50 PM
Welcome Jack, and what a lovely 1st post too - thank you, another Welshman here :)

The E-510 is an excellent camera and the two lenses you have with it are the by far and away best 'kit' lenses supplied with any DSLR camera. Have a good read of the manual, have a read through the threads on here, and maybe on some other forums, and I am sure you will soon be posting up your own wonderful images.

Do you intend to get yourself a gallery...? Don't forget we have free uploading here on e-group where you can store your own images.

One more thing... you'll soon be looking at all the www sites that sell new glass, tripods, monopods, CF cards, filters - don't doubt it... :)

In the meantime Jack - enjoy.

Zuiko
25th July 2008, 07:09 PM
Oooh! 10 minutes from the Gower!

I look forward to seeing some pics!

If you need any help in posting pics on the forum, loading pics into your gallery or any thing else digital just ask here! Someone is bound to know the answer to your problem.

But it's not all technical talk and posting pics - we have some lively debates and some damn good laughs, usually at the expense of Canon or Nikon so no shortage of material!

A big welcome Jack, and enjoy your photography!

JackBenedict
25th July 2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the welcome MusicMan,

have already got myself a set of Cokin Filters ! Hopefully over the next few weeks I will be able to get out and test the camera,weather permitting.

Regards
Jack

theMusicMan
25th July 2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the welcome MusicMan,

have already got myself a set of Cokin Filters ! Hopefully over the next few weeks I will be able to get out and test the camera,weather permitting.

Regards
JackNext few weeks??? :eek::eek: whatcha talking about man... get out and about tomorrow :) we're all expecting images from you this weekend!*chr

Barr1e
25th July 2008, 07:28 PM
Hi Jack -

Welcome to e-group and I hope you enjoy the forum.

Regards. Barr1e

CaptainD
25th July 2008, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the forum, I hope you really enjoy it, please take the time to post some pictures.

Cheers

Chris *chr

bully74uk
25th July 2008, 08:33 PM
Welcome Jack
I am less than a year into photography myself and recently treated myself to an E510 with twin lens kit.
I am so enjoying using this camera to learn about photography and this forum aint bad either ;)
Looking forward to seeing some of your shots.
Im off work now for two weeks so hopefully plenty of opportunities to get out with the camera, probably starting with the British Motorcross championships at Foxhill this Sunday.

shenstone
25th July 2008, 08:49 PM
Hey the South Whalian's are becoming a critical mass and I don't mean that we're a troll den, just that it's a takover bid

I'm a fraud actually I've only lived here for 23 years

Welcome ! and DO get some pictures loaded

Regards
Andy

Graham_of_Rainham
25th July 2008, 10:12 PM
"Jack",

Welcome aboard. I think most of us are from 35mm stock and some, like me, still cling on to the old ways.

Look forward to seeing some images

*chr

blu-by-u
26th July 2008, 06:12 AM
Welcome Welcome... heard so much of that place you call home. Post more pictures.soon,you will see some of us there too.

ndl0071
26th July 2008, 07:36 AM
Welcome from a fellow E510 user (also a 35mm convert), I've not really been to your part of the world so I am looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Cheers
Neil

fulhamphil
27th July 2008, 06:12 AM
Hi Jack, i've only been here a few weeks, and they really are a great bunch, very helpful they are! Wales is a place i really want to photograph, i must get down there soon.*chr

JackBenedict
28th July 2008, 06:23 PM
Hello Forum Memebers,

Can I say a big,big thankyou to all the members who emialed me to welcome me to the site. I am very greatful to, you one and all.

To MusicMan I have a confession. Yes There I was ready for a weekend of happy snapping ... a knock ojn the door,and there were friends with smiling faces and lots of vino - however during the boozy afternoon that followed I did see a few shots through bleary eyes - or was hallucinations!

Anyway, thanks again to you all.
Jack

StephenL
28th July 2008, 08:39 PM
Welcome Jack.
As a Lancastrian from Yorkshire living in Scotland who has been made very welcome in this (unusually good-natured) forum, I say come on in, the beers good! You probably can't help coming from Wales.*whack

shenstone
28th July 2008, 08:44 PM
Welcome Jack.
As a Lancastrian from Yorkshire living in Scotland who has been made very welcome in this (unusually good-natured) forum, I say come on in, the beers good! You probably can't help coming from Wales.*whack

??? - how do you manage that ?

Regards
Andy
(Yorkshire Thru & thru !)

StephenL
28th July 2008, 09:42 PM
Born and dragged up in Wiggin for 31 years, went to Edinburgh for 4 years, had the Call to go on a pilgrimage to Cleckheaton to teach them how to eat pies for 17 years, then back up to Oban then Edinburgh.

??? - how do you manage that ?

Regards
Andy
(Yorkshire Thru & thru !)