PDA

View Full Version : Competition - your vote needed please.

WPJ
7th January 2013, 01:29 PM
Hi all, I hope you had a great Christmas and a lovely New Year.

Please could you spare just 1 minute, and click on the below link and vote for my wedding image if you like it. It would mean a lot to me if I could win as I get to spend the day with one of the best wedding photographers in the world - CKP Weddings.

Thank you.

http://www.wishpond.com/sbpc/40795?entry_id=2938&entry_type=PhotoEntry&sbid=94&type=Merchant www.wishpond.com

http://www.ckpblog.com/?postID=239&wedding-photography-competition

This is the caption that should appear below the image, ( there must have been a word limit set which cut me off).

I'm Here! The Bride makes her way to start her new life. The image is part of a series for some dear friends who held a second wedding breakfast reception on their return from an off island wedding. I like it as it shows the excitement and quirkiness of the choice of transport; in this case the VW was arranged by the Groom to pick his Bride up. The Bride attended her 'hen-do' on the back of a Harley Davidson! So the 'Bug' was apt.

Thanks all.

Regards

Paul

Zuiko
7th January 2013, 02:50 PM
Great picture, Paul, good luck - you have my vote. *chr

Wee man
7th January 2013, 03:24 PM
Tried but do not use Facebook so it will not let me vote.

WPJ
7th January 2013, 08:02 PM
Thanks John and Ed.

Not sure if this page allows you to vote without Facebook: http://www.ckpblog.com/?postID=239&wedding-photography-competition

Regards

Paul Watson

Shaw
7th January 2013, 10:23 PM
My vote too

Imageryone
7th January 2013, 11:36 PM
My vote too.

rsh1960
8th January 2013, 07:33 AM
My vote too

WPJ
8th January 2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks all, appreciate the vote, standing in 3rd place so far..... so a long way to go yet.

cnit
8th January 2013, 07:34 PM
Voted for it, very cool photo, original and full of life, compared to the typical romantic wedding shot that makes mothers in law, and brides mates, cry from happiness *zzz

Good luck with the competition *chr

WPJ
8th January 2013, 09:16 PM
Cheers cnit, much appreciated. Moved into second place now :-)

Wee man
9th January 2013, 12:18 PM
Tried your link ,back to facebook!

DerekC
9th January 2013, 03:02 PM
It appears No facebook No Vote. I tried but I don't have facebook.

WPJ
9th January 2013, 09:30 PM
Wee Man and DerekC, thanks for trying, appreciated. Currently in first spot now; so thank you to all who have voted.

Think I will need a lot more votes to win the great prize which is a 1 to 1, one-day wedding photography mentoring session in Jersey, Channel Islands with Christian Keenan, who is an international award-winning photo-journalist with over 15 years of experience and many accolades under his belt.

Think the E5 might just surprise him with that SHG glass attached :)

Regards

Paul

WPJ
10th January 2013, 08:14 PM
Moved into first spot, still six days to go.

Thanks for your vote guy's.

alfbranch
12th January 2013, 12:29 AM
I am not facebook and do not approve of this way of attempting to win a competition however good the shot is.

WPJ
12th January 2013, 12:43 AM
Dear alfbranch,

Thank you for looking at the image and for your comment.

I appreciate it's not to everyone's taste in seeking votes from their peers. For me I am a keen photographer and I wish to improve; one way for me is winning this competition.

Being a father of young children I don't have a lot of spare cash to pay for and attend training courses.

I'm interested in what you would have done in my position.

Apologies again if it has offended you or others; that was not my intention.

Regards

Paul

Graham_of_Rainham
12th January 2013, 12:13 PM
Paul,

Unfortunatly many of the "Apps" that are associated with these type of competitions also harvest data from FaceBook (e-mail addresses) that can then be sold on for "other" uses.

Because of this I will not "allow" any of the apps, games, etc., to access my FB account and have an e-mail associated with FB that has a very active "Junk" filter.

If you want comments on your work, post the pictures here and we will do so, as well as answering specific questions.

Good luck

*chr