PDA

View Full Version : E-GROUP DAY OUT 16th AUGUST

Zuiko
25th July 2008, 01:48 AM
SATURDAY 16TH AUGUST

From those who have expressed a preference the concensus seems to be in favour of KENSAL GREEN CEMETERY/GRAND UNION CANAL

MY LIST SO FAR OF THOSE INTERESTED IS:-

Andrew Riddell
andym
HughofBardfield
Knikki
Shirley
Barrie & Anne
Me!

Could you all please confirm that you are still comming

AND

Can anyone else who is interested please let me know!

I SUGGEST WE MEET AT

GRACELANDS CAFE, COLLEGE ROAD (near Kensal Green Tube Station) AT 9.00am FOR BREAKFAST (Unless anyone has a better idea!)

PLEASE NOTE - I WILL BE ON HOLIDAY FROM 27th JULY to 10th AUGUST and will follow this thread up immediately upon my return

Glen Bentley
25th July 2008, 06:00 AM
Just noting my interest, regret can't make this one as at the cricket.

November looks good.

Have a good time.

Glen

Zuiko
25th July 2008, 09:09 AM
Just noting my interest, regret can't make this one as at the cricket.

November looks good.

Have a good time.

Glen

Thanks Glen, that's appreciated. Hope to see you in November - more about that in due course.

HughofBardfield
25th July 2008, 02:49 PM
Still keen - subject to not having to go up and see the in-laws in Yorkshire. I have advised my personal event and time management coordinator of my plan, but that doesn't always stop her!

Ugh! 9 am start... I really don't do mornings at the weekend. I will try and make an effort.

mike1251
25th July 2008, 03:16 PM
Unfortunately its too far for me, But if you dont mind me asking, do we have any members who live in the south west as all these meets are at least 200 miles away:(
I know we would struggle to find something interesting to photograph down this way:D

Zuiko
25th July 2008, 04:57 PM
Unfortunately its too far for me, But if you dont mind me asking, do we have any members who live in the south west as all these meets are at least 200 miles away:(
I know we would struggle to find something interesting to photograph down this way:D

IT WOULD BE GREAT IF LOCAL GROUPS COULD BE FORMED IN OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY. *yes:)

Whilst everyone is welcome on the events I arrange, I appreciate that for many distance is prohibitive. :(

Zuiko
25th July 2008, 04:58 PM
Still keen - subject to not having to go up and see the in-laws in Yorkshire. I have advised my personal event and time management coordinator of my plan, but that doesn't always stop her!

Ugh! 9 am start... I really don't do mornings at the weekend. I will try and make an effort.

Hugh,

You can always join us later! :D

shirley
26th July 2008, 09:13 PM
Hi John,
I am still planning on joining you, if thats OK?
Thanks
Shirley

Zuiko
26th July 2008, 10:12 PM
Hi John,
I am still planning on joining you, if thats OK?
Thanks
Shirley

Of course, Shirley, I'm looking forward to seeing you and the others again!

shirley
28th July 2008, 05:31 PM
Are people planning on driving in or arriving by train?
I did read somewhere, in one of the earlier threads, that there is parking at the cemetary.

Jim Ford
28th July 2008, 05:38 PM
Are people planning on driving in or arriving by train?
I did read somewhere, in one of the earlier threads, that there is parking at the cemetary.

Only if you've got a long black limo!
;^)

Jim

shirley
28th July 2008, 06:29 PM
:D I wondered how long that would take!!!

Andrew Riddell
29th July 2008, 01:11 AM
Yes Shirley, there is parking in the cemetery. You have to enter through the West gate (the one for the crematorium) then follow the road straight ahead (i.e. don't turn right for the RC cemetery) and park wherever it suits between there and the crem. The Anglican Chapel is then back to your left. If you really want to park at the Ladbroke Grove end, you're probably OK to drive there by turning left once you're in the cemetery and following the road.

As you may have guessed, I know this site well (and live about a mile away), but I haven't checked out the entries on to the Grand Union tow path.

Subject to my daughter's musical commitments, I hope to see you in the cemetery (sounds awful, doesn't it?!).

Regards,

Andrew

shirley
30th July 2008, 06:41 AM
Thanks Andrew.
I am not decided whether to drive or come by train but that is very helpful
Shirley

Zuiko
1st August 2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Shirley,

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I've been on holiday (and go again next week - just home for a couple of days).

I'll be arriving by tube at Kensal Green Underground Station. Initially, I'll drive to Epping Station, where I find it convenient to park and start my tube journey.

Cheers,

John