PDA

View Full Version : Challenge 53: Graffiti and Urban Decay

rutwij
31st December 2012, 07:07 PM
The theme for the next challenge is: GRAFFITI AND URBAN DECAY

Please send your entries to me by E-mail: rutwij@gmail.com before Saturday 31st Jan 2013

Have fun with this one and try not to get your gear stolen when taking your shots :)
Happy new year everyone!

General rules:
==================

Max. 800 pixels in width or height
Up to 512KB
EXIF intact
Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between 15th July 2012 and 11th August 2012.
Include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.
Full rules:
==================
1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 31st Dec 2012 and 31st Jan 2013 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 31st Jan 2013. We will vote in the week following, results announced soon after voting closes. More reminders and details nearer the date.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :

Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-* camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.
4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

alfbranch
4th January 2013, 12:17 AM
Is this correct?

between 15th July 2012 and 11th August 2012.

rutwij
4th January 2013, 03:55 AM

Please send your entries to me by E-mail: rutwij@gmail.com before Saturday 31st Jan 2013

Have fun with this one and try not to get your gear stolen when taking your shots :)
Happy new year everyone!

General rules:
==================

Up to 512KB
EXIF intact
Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between 15th July 2012 and 11th August 2012.
Full rules:
==================
1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 31st Dec 2012 and 31st Jan 2013 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 31st Jan 2013. We will vote in the week following, results announced soon after voting closes. More reminders and details nearer the date.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Apologies for the copy-paste error!
The dates should be between 31st Dec 2012 and 31st Jan 2013.

The corrected post follows for everyone's reference.

Cheers,
Rutwij

Happy new year everyone!

General rules:
==================

Up to 512KB
EXIF intact
Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between 31st Dec 2012 and 31st Jan 2013.
Full rules:
==================

Wee man
16th January 2013, 05:39 PM
Just a bump as this competition thread seems to be dying?

The Technician
17th January 2013, 03:57 PM
Should be plenty to photograph in this day and age of prosperity :rolleyes:

rutwij
19th January 2013, 12:29 AM
I have had one entry for this month's challenge, and we are 3 weeks into the month. Let's have a few more entries... like the technician said, plenty of subjects around for us to photograph!

alfbranch
23rd January 2013, 05:01 PM
I was out taking shots for this today but Graffiti is in short supply round our town so I had to try Urban decay. I bet the shot I took was on my XZ-1 though*note :rolleyes:

gregles
28th January 2013, 08:18 AM
I should have an entry to you by tonight:)

Hope you get loads more as it is a great subject*yes

Greg

alfbranch
28th January 2013, 01:24 PM
My entry has now been made

gregles
28th January 2013, 10:47 PM
Entry sent:)

rutwij
31st January 2013, 01:40 AM
Thanks to all the members who have sent me their entries until now. For all you other members - today is the last day to create your entry and email it to me... so get creative and send it through! I have to say, the competition will be pretty tough looking at some gems I have received until now!