PDA

View Full Version : Still cannot upload images

Simon Bee
26th December 2012, 11:28 PM
Hello "All",

I still cannot upload images to either new posts I write or existing posts that I reply too if I use my usual route via ....

"Additional Options" ...... "Attach Files" ..... "Manage Attachments"

Nor am I receiving any message notifications. I have to say that this is now VERY frustrating , I truly enjoy partaking in this forum however these continuing problems are making it very difficult to have as full an experiance as I would like.

Are others still having similar problems ?

Ian are you able to help ?

Regards Simon

Patchwork
27th December 2012, 08:50 AM
Simon, yesterday I tried to create a new album to upload some images for Chevvy's idea of 12 of the best for 2012, without success, although the error message which flashed up on the screen was different.

Phill D
27th December 2012, 10:35 AM
I managed to post that frosty sunrise OK. Seem to remember getting a flashed up message I hadn't seen before though. I ignored it at the time and it was fine.

Chevvyf1
27th December 2012, 11:25 AM
I fear that the internet cables are waterlogged :( ... in some UK locations :(

I hope to upload my "12 of the Best" at the weekend - as have to do the Accounts for the accountant this week :( arrgh :(

Simon Bee
27th December 2012, 11:47 AM
Wil someone "PM" me to see if messages are now getting through and IMPORTANTLY post a message here to say that they have sent me a PM because if it is still not working I will not otherwise Know.

Thanks Simon

gregles
27th December 2012, 11:56 AM
PM sent Simon.

Fingers crossed;)

Simon Bee
27th December 2012, 04:36 PM
PM sent Simon.

Fingers crossed;)

Thank you Greg ( and Chevvyf1 ) , yes I have received the PM's so it looks as though Ian has been successful in fixing that side of things. Well done Ian, I very much appreciate your efforts especially as it is Christmas and you have a family to spend time with *chr

However still no joy with uploading images to posts, hopefully this will be resolved as a matter of due course but for now it is no big deal just an annoyance, it is after all Christmas and as already said I am grateful to Ian for what he has fixed so far ;)

A belated Merry Christmas to everyone and here's to a ( fingers crossed ) more prosperous New Year :)

Simon

Phill D
27th December 2012, 08:42 PM
Simon have you tried copying the links from gallery images and pasting them in you posts. That just worked for me, no error messages either this time.

Patchwork
28th December 2012, 10:47 PM
I have just tried to upload images to a new album and received the following error message:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@e-group.uk.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.17 Server at e-group.uk.net Port 80"

I don't understand what this means but hopefully it may help someone (Ian?) resolve the difficulty one or two appear to be having.

JohnI
29th December 2012, 12:10 AM
I have just tried to upload images to a new album and received the following error message:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@e-group.uk.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.17 Server at e-group.uk.net Port 80"

I don't understand what this means but hopefully it may help someone (Ian?) resolve the difficulty one or two appear to be having.

. . . . same thing just happened to me when trying to upload, with same error message. All images were clean JPG's well under the size limit. Looks like something's shorting out between the server's little binary ears.

John

Ross the fiddler
29th December 2012, 02:01 AM
Last night (Friday morning for you), I was trying to reply to a thread with a quote & it always spat the dummy at me, however I realised I could post to the thread & I did so & then edited it afterwards to include a quote. I was able to do a partial quote, but not a complete one. After several attempts to try different ways of adding that complete quote in I was eventually unable to get onto any of the forums (from any of my computers on the home network). I remembered someone else saying they rebooted their modem (disconnect power for 10 seconds) & so I did which cleared that part of the problem, but not the 'quote' issue on this one particular thread for this particular person. At least by resetting (or rebooting) the modem it's possible to re-establish normal use again (within reason).

JohnI
29th December 2012, 04:27 PM
Tried reboot . . . . several times. Tried shutting down my local wireless (mac's "airport") and the internet server and the 'pute, then bringing everything back online.

No joy.

Images won't upload. Period.

Anyone else in the same fix?

John

Patchwork
29th December 2012, 04:41 PM
John

yes - I've just tried again - I made sure the files were jpgs of the right size and resolution - even tried uploading a single image at a time. On this occasion I got an "INVALID FILE" message.

I've been looking at the recent '12 for 2012' posts by various forum members and have been inspired and impressed by their work - I'm just so frustrated that I can't join in.

Simon Bee
29th December 2012, 08:26 PM
John

yes - I've just tried again - I made sure the files were jpgs of the right size and resolution - even tried uploading a single image at a time. On this occasion I got an "INVALID FILE" message.

I've been looking at the recent '12 for 2012' posts by various forum members and have been inspired and impressed by their work - I'm just so frustrated that I can't join in.

Yep that's the message, happens every single BLOODY TIME and I'm frustrated too.

All images are jpegs and under size required, makes no difference. Have also tried to upload any damn thing that's on my hard drive ..... PDF's etc etc ...... no joy, it just refuses to work plain and simple.

For now I have just given up :( ,

Once Christmas / New Year is out of the way perhaps Ian could look into this issue as there now seems to be quite a lot of folk experiencing this problem.

Regards Simon

Ross the fiddler
29th December 2012, 11:51 PM
I'm sorry you're experiencing these problems. I was too (another problem of replying with a quote from one person in a particular thread & then it couldn't find any of the web sites) the other night but thankfully rebooting the modem solved the main problem, but even when I successfully upload images it still shows Invalid File (I think that's what it has) even though it finishes successfully immediately after.

Chevvyf1
30th December 2012, 11:05 AM
I tried to post a new thread and paste in links to preples posts and got this incredible message and failed to post :) four times I tried :( :( :( Invalid File

JohnI
30th December 2012, 05:11 PM
Chevvy -

Sorry you've been caught by it also . . . . doesn't seem to have any pattern to whom it chooses or when.

I just tried again to upload (@5:05 pm). No change, same message.

Internal Server Error

Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.17 Server at e-group.uk.net Port 80

We'll just have to wait and see what the techs can figure out.

John

Ross the fiddler
31st December 2012, 01:23 AM
Chevvy -

Sorry you've been caught by it also . . . . doesn't seem to have any pattern to whom it chooses or when.

I just tried again to upload (@5:05 pm). No change, same message.

Internal Server Error

Apache/2.2.23 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.23 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.17 Server at e-group.uk.net Port 80

We'll just have to wait and see what the techs can figure out.

John

That's when I was able to reboot my modem to clear that (because others of my computers did the same until I did).

Patchwork
31st December 2012, 06:05 AM
Ross, thanks for the suggestion. I've just rebooted my modem/router, and created a new album but cannot get images to upload. I'm still getting the 'invalid file' message

Chevvyf1
31st December 2012, 08:50 AM
I think it is a "random" error :) maybe caused by the number of people on the 4m at any one time :(

I just tried a few times, then forgot it and tried again and it worked :) :) :)

Patchwork
31st December 2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Chevvy. Not sure that was the case when I tried at 3am but I have just tried yet again without success. If I try to upload to an album I get "Invalid File" and if I try to add images as attachments to my posts I get "Not a Valid Image File".
Had no problems before the recent server upgrade.

Imageryone
31st December 2012, 12:54 PM
Are you trying to upload from a host or direct from your files? I have had no trouble uploading from Photobucket over the last few days.

Chevvyf1
31st December 2012, 12:59 PM
Are you trying to upload from a host or direct from your files? I have had no trouble uploading from Photobucket over the last few days.

David, for me it happened well after the upgrade server :( ...
touch wood seems ok now :)

I ignored the last "invalid" message :) and it was uploaded :)

Kiwi Paul
3rd January 2013, 02:04 PM
I get the invalid file massage when trying to change my avatar, the pic I'm trying to upload meets the criteria. Even if I specify a webpage with the file it still won't accept it.

Anyone else tried this and had problens?

Paul

Simon Bee
3rd January 2013, 05:08 PM
I ignored the last "invalid" message :) and it was uploaded :)

Hi Chevvy,

Ok I'm going to try that .... i.e. ignore the message and upload this reply anyway, if an image is attached below then what you have found to work will have also worked for me. However I am not holding my breath on this one, so here goes.

Simon

Simon Bee
3rd January 2013, 05:15 PM
Yep as I thought ..... no image attached, so there we go .... I guess it's back to banging my head against that wall again :(

Oh well at least I can upload text, however I do hope that this problem which now appears to be effecting more and more users gets sorted soon. It will be a great shame if this issue were to ultimately lead to the waining of my enthusiasm for this otherwise excellent, polite & welcoming forum.

Simon

Chevvyf1
3rd January 2013, 05:26 PM
Yep as I thought ..... no image attached, so there we go .... I guess it's back to banging my head against that wall again :(

Oh well at least I can upload text, however I do hope that this problem which now appears to be effecting more and more users gets sorted soon. It will be a great shame if this issue were to ultimately lead to the waining of my enthusiasm for this otherwise excellent, polite & welcoming forum.

Simon

sIMON SEND iAN A PM :) AND DONT LET THEM win :)

Simon Bee
3rd January 2013, 06:09 PM
sIMON SEND iAN A PM :) AND DONT LET THEM win :)

Hi Chevvy,

PM just sent, hopefully the image will show for you, if so this would be a temporary work-around but not a long term solution as the image/s would not be readily available for others to see.

Anyway I will be grateful if you let me know if I have been successful.

Kind regards Simon

Wee man
3rd January 2013, 06:19 PM
Just tried to upload to my gallery no space left contacted Ian who kindly gave me more space. Uploaded the test shot to my gallery and from there using the "my pics" system to a thread all worked. I did see a strange message which flashed up but all worked. Do not know if this helps? I am also still getting e-mails from the site when topics are answered.

Simon am sending you a pm as a test for you.

peak4
3rd January 2013, 08:54 PM
I get the invalid file massage when trying to change my avatar, the pic I'm trying to upload meets the criteria. Even if I specify a webpage with the file it still won't accept it.

Anyone else tried this and had problens?

Paul

Yes Me :(

Sometimes I get " Invalid File " like you, sometimes I get the following

Connection closed by remote server

You tried to access the address http://e-group.uk.net/forum/profile.php?do=updateavatar, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.
Check that the setup of any internet security software is correct and does not interfere with ordinary web browsing.
If you are behind a firewall on a Local Area Network and think this may be causing problems, talk to your systems administrator.
Try pressing the F12 key on your keyboard and disabling proxy servers, unless you know that you are required to use a proxy to connect to the internet. Reload the page.

Messages like this are getting quite common, often when I reply to a post , something similar comes up. However if I keep pressing the back button an re-submitting, it eventually works. The Avatar however seems unchangeable.

P.S. Whilst trying to upload this reply, the same thing happened, though it worked at the second attempt.

Zuiko
3rd January 2013, 09:26 PM
Every time I upload an image I get a warning message flash up, but it is only briefly and then it works. Once it's in my gallery I'm having no trouble posting a picture in a thread.

However, on DPNow I'm also able to upload into the gallery, but I can't post from the gallery into a thread, or copy the URL - right click won't work for me in the gallery. *shrug

Simon Bee
3rd January 2013, 09:32 PM
Just tried to upload to my gallery no space left contacted Ian who kindly gave me more space. Uploaded the test shot to my gallery and from there using the "my pics" system to a thread all worked. I did see a strange message which flashed up but all worked. Do not know if this helps? I am also still getting e-mails from the site when topics are answered.

Simon am sending you a pm as a test for you.

Hi Ed,
Yes I got your "PM" thanks,

Regards Simon

Nick Temple-Fry
3rd January 2013, 11:41 PM
Would it be that those forum members who are unable to do something (as opposed to those who just see an error message flash by) are using Opera as their browser?

Nick

Wee man
3rd January 2013, 11:45 PM
If it helps I use IE and AOL and am not having problems but do see a message flash up.

gregles
3rd January 2013, 11:48 PM
Warning message flashes by - but upload goes ahead as normal with firefox.

peak4
3rd January 2013, 11:58 PM
Would it be that those forum members who are unable to do something (as opposed to those who just see an error message flash by) are using Opera as their browser?

Nick

It might be as that is my default browser, but I've also had a similar but different error message in Firefox (I think, but it might have been chrome)

Ross the fiddler
4th January 2013, 04:06 AM
If it helps I use IE and AOL and am not having problems but do see a message flash up.

Same here but with Optus in Aussie Land.

BobS
4th January 2013, 08:32 AM
I tried to upload photos last week, but gave up after several abortive attempts. Tried again now, having been prompted by all the posts, but still no luck! The message that comes up says that the upload is successful..........BUT WHERE IS IT?:confused::mad:

Ian
4th January 2013, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone - I am aware of this issue but don't have any solution yet. Am continuing to investigate.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Ian

Barr1e
4th January 2013, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone - I am aware of this issue but don't have any solution yet. Am continuing to investigate.

Ian

Hi Ian -

Happy New Year.

----------------
I can't upload on the three sites.

Regards. Barr1e

BobS
4th January 2013, 10:15 AM

Ian

Thanks, Ian, but don't worry, we will survive!

A Happy and Healthy New Year to you and all the family*chr

Simon Bee
4th January 2013, 10:25 AM

Nick

Hi Nick,

I use "Safari" on a Mac

Regards Simon

Ian
4th January 2013, 10:29 AM
Fingers crossed I think we have worked out what is wrong and will be trying a fix later today :)

Ian

Simon Bee
4th January 2013, 10:42 AM

Ian

Hello Ian,

No need to apologise I appreciate the time you will likely be putting into this, for like the rest of us you too have a life beyond this forum. I am sure you will in due course find a way to resolve this problem, for now it is a problem that we will have to live with and that's fine with me.

I shall "keep calm and put the kettle on" and try my best to stop banging my head against that bloody wall as it does one's appearance no good at all :eek:

Thanks again and kind regards Simon

Nick Temple-Fry
4th January 2013, 01:53 PM
Hi Nick,

I use "Safari" on a Mac

Regards Simon

Ah well that's one outlandish theory scuttled.

Closed by Remote Server is the message Opera puts out when it gets a reply that does not match its format rules, most other browsers are less strict. If the people most severely impacted all had Opera it would suggest that part of the issue was the format of the error response from the server.

Nick

Ian
4th January 2013, 03:14 PM
OK, David has made some changes - I am not seeing the error any more; can anyone else here verify that we have fixed the problem?

Thanks,

Ian

Nick Temple-Fry
4th January 2013, 04:07 PM
OK, David has made some changes - I am not seeing the error any more; can anyone else here verify that we have fixed the problem?

Thanks,

IanAttempt to do an attachment fails with this message (6kb file)

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/attachment.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/56087)

Uploading to gallery had no message flash by.

Nick

Barr1e
4th January 2013, 04:16 PM
Just one minute ago: -

Internal Server Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------
Regards. Barr1e

Ian
4th January 2013, 04:18 PM
Hi Barr1e - yes that is a different error and a very elusive one. Is that when uploading to the gallery or uploading an attachment?

Ian

Barr1e
4th January 2013, 04:19 PM
Hi Barr1e - yes that is a different error and a very elusive one. Is that when uploading to the gallery or uploading an attachment?

Ian

Trust me to be special. :o :D

When uploading images to the various galleries across the sites.

Regards. Barr1e

Ian
4th January 2013, 04:20 PM
Attempt to do an attachment fails with this message (6kb file)

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/attachment.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/56087)

Uploading to gallery had no message flash by.

Nick

OK, so the warning message problem would appear to be fixed when uploading to the gallery.

Can I ask why you use attachments instead of the gallery? I have actually disabled attachments on DPNow because people were using it instead of the gallery.

Attached photos quickly disappear and are inaccessible whereas on the gallery they have a much better chance of being rediscovered over and over again.

Ian

BobS
4th January 2013, 04:22 PM
No warnings, no messages, no photos!:rolleyes:

Nick Temple-Fry
4th January 2013, 04:25 PM
OK, so the warning message problem would appear to be fixed when uploading to the gallery.

Can I ask why you use attachments instead of the gallery? I have actually disabled attachments on DPNow because people were using it instead of the gallery.

Attached photos quickly disappear and are inaccessible whereas on the gallery they have a much better chance of being rediscovered over and over again.

Ian

Actually I do not use attachments - but Simon who started this thread does - which is why I tested it.

Personally I see little advantage to using attachments (other than you can do everything from the post dialogue) as the files are too small.

Nick

Ian
4th January 2013, 05:32 PM
No warnings, no messages, no photos!:rolleyes:

Hi Bob - are you saying everything seems to work OK now except you can't see any of you photos in your gallery that have been uploaded?

When was the last time you tried to upload?

Ian

Ian
4th January 2013, 05:39 PM
Internal server error - can anyone who has a problem with this at the moment let me know if changes we have made just now have fixed this problem?

Thanks,

Ian

peak4
4th January 2013, 07:45 PM
Ian, I'd not tried before to see if I had a problem uploading images, but certainly I can upload screenshots to the gallery now, as below.
I still can't change avatars though

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/1518/avatar_screenshot.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/56090)

leads to

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/1518/Invalid_file.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/56089)

Using Opera 12 under XP SP3 normally, but I've just tried Firefox and have exactly the same problem.

As you can see from the initial screenshot, the chosen image is under both size and pixel limits.

Not bothered myself as the Marlin will do fine even though the Landrover might be more appropriate with winter coming :rolleyes:
Just mentioning it here in case it helps you diagnose other problems. Good luck and thanks for all your efforts.

P.S. the Landrover Avatar has been used on this site previously

Interestingly, I've just tried to prove that the problem is just with this site by editing my Avatar on DPNow;

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/1518/DPNow_screenshot1.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/56092)

You can see from the screenshot that I am logged in; Ho Hum :(

I've just tried FourThirdsUser, where I get exactly the same error request, but when I use the same file in the Marlin Owners Club board, It uploads fine.
The MOC is powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0#
FourThirdsPhoto also accepts the same file and again uses the same version of vBulletin

Ian
4th January 2013, 08:18 PM
OK, thanks Bill - I will add it to the list of things to fix. Sorry about this!

Ian

peak4
4th January 2013, 08:39 PM
OK, thanks Bill - I will add it to the list of things to fix. Sorry about this!

Ian

Don't fret on my account Ian, It's hardly something vital and I'd no reason to change the avatar anyway. Just confirming Woofmix's problem and letting you know in case it helps you find one of the other more irritating errors.

It does seem strange that it is spread over all three of your sites; what software do they run on?

JohnI
4th January 2013, 08:49 PM
Internal server error - can anyone who has a problem with this at the moment let me know if changes we have made just now have fixed this problem?

Thanks,

Ian

Hi Ian -

Don't know just when you posted this, but I just (8:45 pm) tried uploading using the same procedure and images that previously resulted in the ongoing error message with exactly the same result as before - "Internal Server Error".

Sorry :(

John

BobS
4th January 2013, 10:36 PM
Hi Bob - are you saying everything seems to work OK now except you can't see any of you photos in your gallery that have been uploaded?

Ian

Sorry, Ian, I've just noticed your post. That's exactly what has been happening for a week or so. I've not tried to upload again since my last failed attempt which would appear to get as far as my gallery, but with no added photos! Instead, we have been watching the very first two episodes of Doc Martin :D having bought ourselves the complete series for Christmas. Also, 'Allo, 'Allo! Great!!!

I'll have a go tomorrow, but it does seem odd that some of us are experiencing different symptoms. Thanks for all your efforts.

Simon Bee
4th January 2013, 10:49 PM
Ok here goes..........

Ah still no joy, keep getting ........ "this is not a valid image type",

image was a 47kb jpeg, attempted to upload via attachment.

Regards Simon

Simon Bee
4th January 2013, 10:54 PM
Just tried to add an image to my "pictures and albums" , it was a 50kb jpeg and it failed. The following message appeared ..... "invalid image" :(

regards Simon

Simon Bee
4th January 2013, 10:59 PM
Right, as I currently have just one solitary image stored within this forum lets see if I can attach it within this post.

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=273&pictureid=1402

well the "url" has appeared just above this line of type so hopefully you will be looking at a pink rose, lets see ;)

Regards Simon

Simon Bee
4th January 2013, 11:04 PM
Well didn't go quite as planned as I thought it would show as the actual image rather than a link, then again I'm not a computer wiz so its probably me not knowing what the hell I'm doing :o

But at least thats something I guess, only problem is I still cannot add any images to my album so I cannot include a different image to the one in my previous reply. :(

Simon

Simon Bee
4th January 2013, 11:19 PM
Ah ha ! lets try this ..... include image via the "insert image" box in the message header instead of just "copy & paste". If this is the usual/obvious way of doing things please DO tell me, I'm so "old school" I sometimes think I should have stuck with glass plates :confused:
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=273&pictureid=1402

Hey what do you know, as I added the "confused' smilie the "url" text turned into the image. So that's the way you do it *zzz It's no wonder the kids can use just about every aspect of a modern mobile phone within seconds while it takes me ten minutes to find out how to turn the bloody thing on :eek:

Still only have this one image in my album as I still cannot upload. There is a silver lining to every cloud though ...... at least I have now worked out how to include images directly within the text of my post ...... there are still some sparks in that "grey matter" after all :rolleyes:

Regards Simon

Phill D
5th January 2013, 06:55 AM
It worked for me Simon I can see it. Well done for persevering although all I do is copy and paste from the url in the gallery section and it seems to work for me so far. Anyway whatever you did is seems to work well done.

peak4
5th January 2013, 09:51 AM
It worked for me Simon I can see it. Well done for persevering although all I do is copy and paste from the url in the gallery section and it seems to work for me so far. Anyway whatever you did is seems to work well done.

I copy and paste from the gallery in the same way.
Here's the really strange thing; when I look at Simon's gallery, there is only one photo there as he says, but it's this one, not the pink rose.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Rolleiflex.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/55556)

Confused or what?????? :confused:

BobS
5th January 2013, 09:59 AM

Ian

Hi Ian, I have now noted the sequence of operations in my attempts to upload photos!

1) Click on Gallery tab.

2) Click on "Upload photos"

3) Selected Album "12 12 2012"

4) Browse and selected jpg

5) Clicked on "Upload/Submit"

6) Message "Processing upload. Please wait"

7) Message "Preparing to post Image List"

5) Result..............uploaded photo just ain't there!

Ha, ha , ha, he, he, he. I'm off to jump off Swanage pier..............................

Zuiko
5th January 2013, 10:12 AM
I copy and paste from the gallery in the same way.
Here's the really strange thing; when I look at Simon's gallery, there is only one photo there as he says, but it's this one, not the pink rose.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Rolleiflex.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/55556)

Confused or what?????? :confused:

I would guess he has one in his general gallery and one in an album.

Zuiko
5th January 2013, 10:29 AM
Ian, on DPNow I still can't post pictures from my gallery into a thread. I get this message:

Error 404

Sorry, the page you are looking for either no longer exists or the address entered is incorrect (Error 404)

We have tried our best to avoid deleting older pages, so there is a good chance the page address that brought you here has been mis-typed.

If you arrived here after clicking a link from another dpnow page, please click here to report a broken link - including as much information as possible.

To help you find the page you want, you can use our site search facility or choose one of the other buttons on the navigation bar to the left.

If you have arrived here by mistake, you are very welcome! Digital Photography Now is one of the most popular UK-centric Web site magazines dedicated to digital photography.

Here, you can find news, reviews, prize competitions, comment and discussion concerning digital cameras, photo printers, scanners, accessories, consumables, software and services.

Why not have a look around?

When I try to copy the picture's URL from the gallery I find that right click is disabled.

peak4
5th January 2013, 11:37 AM
When I try to copy the picture's URL from the gallery I find that right click is disabled.

John, that's the case on all three of Ian's sites. I can only do it by highlighting the text and Control+C followed by Control+V to paste into the body of the relevant post.

I assume it's by design as a number of sites disable right click, ostensibly to prevent people copying stuff when they shouldn't. Clearly it doesn't work as the control option does the same job. I'm guessing it might be a standard default in the new version of the hosting software which needs toggling to Right Click disable- -OFF.

peak4
5th January 2013, 11:44 AM
I would guess he has one in his general gallery and one in an album.

But when I click on his Gallery link (below his name at the header for the post), the resulting page doesn't show any albums, just the one photo of the Rollieflex etc.

Ian
5th January 2013, 01:31 PM
John, that's the case on all three of Ian's sites. I can only do it by highlighting the text and Control+C followed by Control+V to paste into the body of the relevant post.

I assume it's by design as a number of sites disable right click, ostensibly to prevent people copying stuff when they shouldn't. Clearly it doesn't work as the control option does the same job. I'm guessing it might be a standard default in the new version of the hosting software which needs toggling to Right Click disable- -OFF.

Right-click operation in the gallery is disabled and always has been - it's a simple strategy to dissuade casual theft of photos. It's easy to get around but it does stop the less-determined and it reminds people that they should not be copying others' photos.

Highlighting the BBCode for a photo and and then using CTRL+C in the gallery does work and that's my preferred way of putting photos into posts.

Ian

Ian
5th January 2013, 01:33 PM
Ian, on DPNow I still can't post pictures from my gallery into a thread. I get this message:

Error 404

Sorry, the page you are looking for either no longer exists or the address entered is incorrect (Error 404)

We have tried our best to avoid deleting older pages, so there is a good chance the page address that brought you here has been mis-typed.

If you arrived here after clicking a link from another dpnow page, please click here to report a broken link - including as much information as possible.

To help you find the page you want, you can use our site search facility or choose one of the other buttons on the navigation bar to the left.

If you have arrived here by mistake, you are very welcome! Digital Photography Now is one of the most popular UK-centric Web site magazines dedicated to digital photography.

Here, you can find news, reviews, prize competitions, comment and discussion concerning digital cameras, photo printers, scanners, accessories, consumables, software and services.

Why not have a look around?

Ah - is this using MyPics? Yes - that's currently disabled; will re-enable later today. Sorry for the confusion.

Ian

peak4
5th January 2013, 01:47 PM
Right-click operation in the gallery is disabled and always has been - it's a simple strategy to dissuade casual theft of photos. It's easy to get around but it does stop the less-determined and it reminds people that they should not be copying others' photos.

Highlighting the BBCode for a photo and and then using CTRL+C in the gallery does work and that's my preferred way of putting photos into posts.

Ian

I presumed that was the case Ian, I tend to use the keyboard myself.
Just out of curiosity, when you view Simon's gallery, do you see a flower, a camera bag or both?

Ian
5th January 2013, 01:52 PM
I presumed that was the case Ian, I tend to use the keyboard myself.
Just out of curiosity, when you view Simon's gallery, do you see a flower, a camera bag or both?

I can only see the camera bag with three cameras photo.

He may have a photo in a password-protected album which is not accessible or visible in the album unless you have the password.

Ian

Ian
5th January 2013, 03:48 PM
Right - the gallery is separate from the forum although they share the same membership database. The 'Album' at:

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/album.php?u=1794

..is a function of the forum, not the gallery. Frankly, the forum attachments and albums features are poor duplications of the gallery functionality and I am considering whether they are necessary. They certainly are confusing!

Ian

Ian
5th January 2013, 03:51 PM
On top of all this - because of my clumsiness I have accidentally broken MyPics... sorry!

It's a database problem that I can't fix myself and David is not contactable at the moment. As soon as I get hold of him I'm sure it will be fixed in a moment.

Ian

Zuiko
5th January 2013, 06:43 PM
On top of all this - because of my clumsiness I have accidentally broken MyPics... sorry!

Ian

Did you drop it? :D

Ann1e
5th January 2013, 07:43 PM

It's a database problem that I can't fix myself and David is not contactable at the moment. As soon as I get hold of him I'm sure it will be fixed in a moment.

Ian

Well, Ian, we are having a mixed bag here - Barrie has had trouble downloading pix to his galleries but this evening I got the pix into my gallery easily enough but could not incorporate them into my post by way of the [Open] facility but had to copy and paste the link from the gallery instead. Presumably this was down to your clumsiness? :D

Regards,
Ann1e

Ian
5th January 2013, 08:51 PM
Well, Ian, we are having a mixed bag here - Barrie has had trouble downloading pix to his galleries but this evening I got the pix into my gallery easily enough but could not incorporate them into my post by way of the [Open] facility but had to copy and paste the link from the gallery instead. Presumably this was down to your clumsiness? :D

Regards,
Ann1e

I hope the Internal Server Error problem has been fixed now - the hosting admin folks in Lansing Michigan tell me its a problem with Modsec rules. No, I haven't heard of them either.

The Open (MyPics) problem was an accident - I mistakenly changed something on the wrong site and can't revert it without some help. Of course this had to happen on a Saturday when that help is least accessible! I can only apologise.

Ian

Wee man
5th January 2013, 09:36 PM
You are forgiven.

Kiwi Paul
8th January 2013, 08:54 AM
I hope the Internal Server Error problem has been fixed now - the hosting admin folks in Lansing Michigan tell me its a problem with Modsec rules. No, I haven't heard of them either.Ian

No it's not Ian, I managed to post one pic on the other site yesterday but now just get the internal server message on both sites.

Paul

Simon Bee
8th January 2013, 10:00 PM
Ah-ha !

Success at last :)

I just tried to upload a few images to the gallery, nothing special, just three snap-shots of the OM-D with "other" cameras, and it has worked :D

I have not been able to upload since the server upgrade but now it would appear that I no longer need to bang my head against that bloody wall ;)

I still cannot 'add' images to the "my albums" but I'm not concerned as it would appear that it is best to use the gallery anyway ( bit of a luddite where technology is concerned :confused: )

Can you see four images in my gallery ? i.e. OM-D with OM3 Ti / Leica / Nikon and finally Rolleiflex etc.

Thank you Ian and everyone else involved 'behind the scenes' for sorting this issue *chr

Regards Simon

Simon Bee
8th January 2013, 10:13 PM
Ok,

Let's see if I can now also "add" an image to a post/reply,

Here goes ..............

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Nope, if I try to "copy & paste" the URL of one of my gallery images it will not work.

I was using the "advanced options" at the foot of the 'quick reply' and when attempting to upload got the "Invalid File" message :confused:

Ah well all is not yet 'hunky-dory' I guess.

Regards Simon

BobS
8th January 2013, 10:28 PM
I've just tried to uplode a photo again, this time not to an album, and despite the message that said that it was uploaded successfuly, it's nowhere to be seen! I think there is a gremlin in there somewhere vetoing my submissions.:D

peak4
9th January 2013, 12:29 AM
Ok,

Let's see if I can now also "add" an image to a post/reply,

Here goes ..............

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Nope, if I try to "copy & paste" the URL of one of my gallery images it will not work.

I was using the "advanced options" at the foot of the 'quick reply' and when attempting to upload got the "Invalid File" message :confused:

Ah well all is not yet 'hunky-dory' I guess.

Regards Simon

Most Odd, it seems to work for me with an image out of your gallery.

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/OMD_fm3a3.jpg (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/56185)

When you copy paste the link in, what does it look like?
The one that shows the above photo looks like this

{url=http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/56185}{img}http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/OMD_fm3a3.jpg{img}{/url}

except that the brackets are square rather than enveloping ones. (I swapped them to illustrate the formatting without it posting the photo a second time.)

When you copy the link address from the gallery, I trust you are just pasting it straight into the text of the post rather than using one the little icons above the text window. (sorry, not trying you to teach you suck eggs you understand)
Just wondering as I don't think you should need "Advanced Options" to link to a gallery photo other than to be able to preview the post before hitting the Submit Reply button

Ian
9th January 2013, 09:22 AM
I am really very sorry that the MyPics forum/gallery picture facility is still not working :(

It seems there is another more obscure problem behind this one!

Incidentally, I have had some reports that the site is running slowly. I can't say I have noticed this - if anyone else has, can you let me know via forum mail or email forum-admin@e-group.uk.net and please include your broadband IP address (go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/).

Thanks,

Ian

Rocknroll59
13th January 2013, 02:55 PM
Having a problem uploading my images from the gallery ........hope it's nothing I have done !!