PDA

View Full Version : Olympus Draws Their Green Curtain (slightly)?

JohnI
20th December 2012, 06:10 PM
Interesting "announcement" from 4/3rds rumors . . . . but I believe that the Olympus bosses have given the go-ahead for their first market-response stalking horse:

http://www.43rumors.com/olympus-surprise-we-will-do-the-hybrid-ft-and-mft-camera-by-end-2013-no-classic-ft-e-7-camera-anymore/

Nothing really too solid in the way of details, but also nothing I personally didn't expect.

The fantastic potential from my viewpoint is having a competitive sensor to hang my 4/3rds glass in front of . . . the rest of it can be blue and purple with chrome mudguards for all I care.

John

Ulfric M Douglas
20th December 2012, 07:57 PM
Shouldn't 43rumours be banned from the "Announcements" section?

Surely this should be for actual announcements, not the equivalent of "I had beans for dinner"?

For example : Olympus announces new 17mm F1.8 lens rather than

John If I'm wrong, please don't be offended.

Actually, it is Quesabesde which is announcing, NOT 43rumours, so my points above are invalid.

http://www.quesabesde.com/noticias/olympus-confirma-2013-camara-compatible-opticas-cuatro-tercios-micro,1_9361

JohnI
20th December 2012, 08:59 PM
I agree with you wholeheartedly. However, in this case the only English translation I could locate for Mr. Garcia's comments (Miquel Garcia is the head of Olympus Spain, which puts him pretty well up the food chain) was that of 4/3rds rumors, and I do announce my attributions as a matter of principle.

Mr. Garcia's comments, or announcement - however you wish to characterise it - has the distinct ring of Olympus corporate approval to it, and I believe it will be the first of a number of "teaser" announcements regarding the new body. Olympus had huge success with the OM-D marketing build up strategy which, if you'll remember, was presented in a similar fashion.

So:

1.) I believe this is the "real stuff" and

2.) Given the intense interest of Olympus users worldwide and - of course - in this forum concerning the fate or future of the original 4/3rds system

I believed it worthy to bring to people's notice.

However, in the future should I find other news from sources I consider unimpeachable, I will post same in the Lounge thread.

Cheers,

John

Phill D
21st December 2012, 07:29 AM
I don't care where you post it John if it's true then I'll put my deposit down now. If it gives me a camera that's equivalent or better than a Pentax K5 and I can keep my Leica zoom I'm in.

rutwij
21st December 2012, 08:42 AM
Yay! Finally some light at the end of the tunnel! Can't wait for more announcements!

Kiwi Paul
21st December 2012, 09:56 AM
. . . the rest of it can be blue and purple with chrome mudguards for all I care. John

Now that would be an interesting concept, certainly be a change from the OM-D retro look lol :rolleyes: ;)

Paul