PDA

View Full Version : E5 successor


rutwij
19th December 2012, 04:47 PM
Not sure if anyone else noticed this and there's already a post regards this:

http://www.43rumors.com/ft2-more-about-the-e-5-successor-with-new-sensor-size/

43rumors categorize this rumour as FT2, meaning 21-40% chance it will be true. Hopefully it will pan out :)

Rutwij

David M
19th December 2012, 04:58 PM
That's hilarious. Next it will have a sensor the size of 35mm and take Nikon lenses.

Zuiko
19th December 2012, 05:29 PM
I think Olympus should just leapfrog Full Frame and fit their next camera with a Phase One medium format digital back - with resolution counted in gigapixels rather than megapixels. The only drawback is that each exposure would have to be at least one second and taken on a tripod, to give the rotating lens mount time to cover the whole image area. :rolleyes:

David Morison
19th December 2012, 07:32 PM
When you think of how short a time it was between the rumours of the E-M5 and it's announcement I wouldn't be surprised if something like that comes sooner.

David

Lee
19th December 2012, 07:44 PM
Hmm, a 40% chance that it is true. Or a 60% chance that it isn't!
Fingers crossed for the former, of course. I rather fancy an E5 but it does seem that it's worth holding on until we've at least seen what form the new camera will be. Although I rather doubt the EOS mount bit...

RogerMac
19th December 2012, 08:10 PM
They hold such fascinating patents that nothing would surprise me.

Roger

David M
19th December 2012, 08:17 PM
Yeah, if they went with an EOS mount you'd have to buy 3 copies of some of the L zooms, test them, keep the best one and return the other two.

Zuiko
19th December 2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah, if they went with an EOS mount you'd have to buy 3 copies of some of the L zooms, test them, keep the best one and return the other two.

Only 3 David? You're optomistic! :D

I just don't get why Olympus would even want to consider the EOS mount. This rumour is graded 20-40% - I think 2-4% would be generous. I'll believe it when I hear it from Ian.

David M
19th December 2012, 11:59 PM
I'm just going from experience John. I used a Canon setup for a month or so after being unimpressed with my E-1 and HG glass.