PDA

View Full Version : New OM-D firmware tomorrow?

Jetset95
13th December 2012, 06:18 PM
Just seen this post on 4/3 rumours which says we can expect the next update on Friday 14th, with this teaser for all of us: “one exciting feature that is sure to please users. http://www.43rumors.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif “

Does anyone have any firmer info?

http://www.43rumors.com/ft2-olympus-e-m5-firmware-update-to-be-released-on-friday/

James

Simon Bee
13th December 2012, 07:23 PM
Focus peaking ? Or ..... fast AF speed with4/3rd lenses , hmmmmm maybe both :p Probably wrong on all counts, guess we will soon know.

Simon

Just seen this post on 4/3 rumours which says we can expect the next update on Friday 14th, with this teaser for all of us: “one exciting feature that is sure to please users. http://www.43rumors.com/wp-includes/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif “

Does anyone have any firmer info?

http://www.43rumors.com/ft2-olympus-e-m5-firmware-update-to-be-released-on-friday/

James

timg
13th December 2012, 09:00 PM
perhaps smaller autofocus points like the epl5?

Jetset95
13th December 2012, 09:15 PM
Arghhh, the suspense is killing me!

Zuiko
13th December 2012, 09:33 PM
Perhaps they are going to repair the infamous crack by firmware! :D

Ross the fiddler
13th December 2012, 09:53 PM

And make it a little firmer? :rolleyes: ;) :D *ohwell

Greytop
13th December 2012, 11:49 PM

And make it a little firmer? :rolleyes: ;) :D *ohwell

Nice one chaps *chr

I hope mines going to make a nice cuppa in the morning post update :D

snaarman
14th December 2012, 07:55 AM
Nah! It's called sensor bracketing. You can shift the sensor in 4 diagonals and take four images quickly. They combine to make a full frame image. Simples.

brian1208
14th December 2012, 07:55 AM
Its tomorrow, where's me update - are we there yet Dad! :D

Wouldn't it be nice if they got CAF tracking working properly, then I could shoot BIF like I owned a "Proper" camera ;)

Jetset95
14th December 2012, 12:13 PM
Nothing yet. Maybe they're running on US time...

brian1208
14th December 2012, 12:15 PM
Waaaah! *chr

Ross the fiddler
14th December 2012, 12:24 PM
Nothing yet. Maybe they're running on US time...

Or maybe it's just wishful thinking. It will probably come this time next month. :rolleyes:

Greytop
14th December 2012, 12:48 PM
Picture a chorus of OM-D owners plugging and unplugging USB leads at their PCs, expressions of anticipation and disappointment in equal measure :D

CJJE
14th December 2012, 05:31 PM
No sign of it yet... perhaps Olympus are still testing it to make sure this update works for everyone?? But the Olympus updater DID update my Lumix 12-35 f2.8 zoom, and also my brand-new Lumix 35-100 f208 zoom! (These updates are said to improve AF performance for the Lumix GH3. Wonder if there's any difference with the E-M5??)

Pierre L
14th December 2012, 07:46 PM
There is something to be said for waiting a week after the new firmware is made available before installing it. I am looking forward to reading about the new features though.

pault
14th December 2012, 08:47 PM
Hi, according to 4/3 rumours, there is no firmware update coming.
Regards
Paul

Ross the fiddler
14th December 2012, 10:08 PM
Hi, according to 4/3 rumours, there is no firmware update coming.
Regards
Paul

Well, it was (only) a rumour after all. :rolleyes:

CJJE
14th December 2012, 11:24 PM
Oops, we'll have to wait a bit longer now... 4/3rds Rumours has now stated that the previously rumoured update will not take place for some time!

Zuiko
15th December 2012, 12:32 AM
So, if I understand correctly, there is now a rumour that the rumour about the firmware update is false?

One of those rumours must be right! :D

Ross the fiddler
15th December 2012, 04:18 AM
So, if I understand correctly, there is now a rumour that the rumour about the firmware update is false?

One of those rumours must be right! :D

Yeah mate! Want to here another rumour? I reckon someone overheard 'update' but didn't here the whole conversation which was probably about the Olympus Viewer 2 update instead. :rolleyes: Sound like a reasonable rumour? Well, I'm sticking to my story anyhow! :p

*chr

snaarman
15th December 2012, 08:50 AM
yeah but I know someone who heard that someone had already got the update and installed it.

Wibblewobble
20th December 2012, 08:46 PM
Perhaps Olympus had second thoughts and saw little point in releasing as the end of the world is due tomorrow. :eek::rolleyes:

Ross the fiddler
20th December 2012, 10:01 PM
Perhaps Olympus had second thoughts and saw little point in releasing as the end of the world is due tomorrow. :eek::rolleyes:

Yeah, but they released the new firmware for the E-PL5 & E-PM2 'cause they wanted to make sure they had reliable cameras out there to capture 'the end'. :rolleyes:

OM USer
20th December 2012, 11:27 PM
Perhaps the Olympus update fixes the "end of the world" and we can all sleep soundly. The reason we can't find the update is that someone (so rumour goes) has already installed it; so as its fixed there is no update to install because there is no problem.