5th December 2012, 09:28 AM
Amazon.co.uk - today's Deals:

Upcoming Deal
Olympus OM-D EM-5 Micro Four Thirds ... Deal starts at 10:00 today

Regards
Chris

OM USer
5th December 2012, 10:13 AM
975.80. 15% off. Body plus 12-50 kit zoom (and presumably you can claim for the free 45mm which is the current Olympus promotion)

Ulfric M Douglas
5th December 2012, 11:12 AM
...same as yesterday? Odd.

Ian
5th December 2012, 11:50 AM
975.80. 15% off. Body plus 12-50 kit zoom (and presumably you can claim for the free 45mm which is the current Olympus promotion)

Pretty sure you can as Amazon is supplied by Olympus UK. You might have to double-check if dealing with an Amazon third-party seller, though.

Ian

Rens
5th December 2012, 08:09 PM
Or you can buy OMD plus 12-50 from ProCameraShop for 805. This includes the 3% discount obtained by paying direct to their bank account. But you don't get the 45mm lens (which doesn't interest me).

Ulfric M Douglas
5th December 2012, 08:20 PM
Rens, the 45mm should interest you, you can have a go of mine to try any day.

Rens
5th December 2012, 10:48 PM
Rens, the 45mm should interest you, you can have a go of mine to try any day.

I understand it's a decent lens. But I hardly do portraits, and keep to the wide end of the kit 12-50. Had the 12mm f2 been on offer, I'd have been interested. As it is, I'm planning to get the 9-18 next.

I'm fortunate to have been able to keep my Nikon D700 plus lenses, so on the rare occasion I want 90mm (equivalent), I'll use it, it's a great camera.

The OMD is in my jacket pocket whenever I go out. I love it too.

Horses for courses.

Rens

PS Whereabouts are you? I'm in Northumberland.

jonoslack
10th December 2012, 02:25 PM
Or you can buy OMD plus 12-50 from ProCameraShop for 805. This includes the 3% discount obtained by paying direct to their bank account. But you don't get the 45mm lens (which doesn't interest me).

Hi There Rens
Are they good? Safe? I've never heard of them, but I am considering another body and that looks like a really good deal.

all the best
Jono

Roy Clarke
10th December 2012, 02:57 PM
but I am considering another body and that looks like a really good deal.

all the best
Jono

Jon
Now that is being greedy! You have only got two hands, where will you put the third one? (OM-D that is)

Regards
Roy

Alpha1
10th December 2012, 03:09 PM
Hi Jono

I have also just bought another OMD body and I used this 3% deal from ProCameraShop.

Just click where they indicate for the deal on their web site; they will then send you an email with their bank details and a unique reference to quote.

You need to reply by email with your delivery details and choice of camera (black,silver etc) and then set up your direct bank transfer to them (ouch..that hurts!:o) in the usual way.

Two days later or less they will notify you of receipt of funds and an order number which is different from the unique number already advised.

Your camera will be delivered approx two days later if you have a UK mainland address.....which of course I know you have!

Excellent service from Cumbria!

Go for it!!*chr

jonoslack
10th December 2012, 10:51 PM
Jon
Now that is being greedy! You have only got two hands, where will you put the third one? (OM-D that is)

Regards
Roy

Hi Roy
Not for me . . .

Hi Jono

I have also just bought another OMD body and I used this 3% deal from ProCameraShop.

Just click where they indicate for the deal on their web site; they will then send you an email with their bank details and a unique reference to quote.

You need to reply by email with your delivery details and choice of camera (black,silver etc) and then set up your direct bank transfer to them (ouch..that hurts!:o) in the usual way.

Two days later or less they will notify you of receipt of funds and an order number which is different from the unique number already advised.

Your camera will be delivered approx two days later if you have a UK mainland address.....which of course I know you have!

Excellent service from Cumbria!

Go for it!!*chr

I think they're actually a Hong kong based company like digitalRev (despite the Cumbria address) - but cheaper still, and that is a good deal. Do you know about Warranty considerations?

all the best

Bruce Clarke
11th December 2012, 01:32 AM
I think they're actually a Hong kong based company like digitalRev (despite the Cumbria address) - but cheaper still, and that is a good deal. Do you know about Warranty considerations?

all the best

Hi Jono

Looking at their conditions here:
http://www.procamerashop.co.uk/article/delivery_and_returns

"Faulty goods
All products are covered by our one year in-house warranty. This covers parts and labour as standard and if any faults do develop within that period you need only contact us and we will do everything we can to resolve the situation in the quickest time possible."

makes it fairly clear they are grey imports, though how they ship in 1-3 days I don't understand, and they avoid saying where they ship from.

Bruce

Alpha1
11th December 2012, 07:29 AM
Olympus are like most other international companies, who these days support their products worldwide. There are a few brands who offer additional warranties for individual countries but these are organised by the national HQ's.

Leica UK is one example with their "passport" service and Fujifilm UK also offer an extended warranty and in warranty service facilities with a voucher system for their X Pro products.

One usually pays for it though, somewhere down the line!! ;)

Alpha1
11th December 2012, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=jonoslack;203801 I think they're actually a Hong kong based company like digitalRev (despite the Cumbria address) - but cheaper still, and that is a good deal. Do you know about Warranty considerations?
all the best[/QUOTE]

Well I really don't know where my new OMD body was sourced, as a UK based transaction my purchase is protected by UK law and the Sale of Goods Act.

However what I do know is that the camera arrived in original packing and box complete with charger, flashgun and all the leads and set up disc. But wait for it.......it also came with a hard printed copy of the manual and a UK 13 amp plug!

Now my first OMD was bought as a kit with 12-50 lens from a main Olympus dealer at only a small discount and did not have a printed manual!

Oh, and the latest one from ProPhotoShop is not cracked across the LCD bezel either! *chr

Rens
14th December 2012, 08:10 AM
Hi There Rens
Are they good? Safe? I've never heard of them, but I am considering another body and that looks like a really good deal.

all the best
Jono

Sorry to be slow, been away from the computer.

My OMD has the occasional dark frame problem, so I'll find out how good they are. So far they've lived up to their good write-ups.

The camera arrived promptly as promised, they answer the phone and respond to emails promptly. They've agreed (verbally) to change the camera for a new one (it was only just over two weeks old when I realised it had a serious problem) and I've sent it to their technical dept to check the problem exists.

All the ProCamera shop I've spoken to have been reasonable and knowledgeable.

I'll report back when I've more to tell. But so far so good.

Wreckdiver
14th December 2012, 02:35 PM
Body only for £849.99 on Amazon's lightning deals at the moment. Don't know if that's a good deal or not. Click on the "View Lightning Deal" button for actual price.

Steve