PDA

View Full Version : More Action with CAF using the 75-300

brian1208
3rd December 2012, 07:27 PM
Clearing out some images from my recent visit to our local windsurfing beach I found a couple more shots that I think show how well CAF can perform with this system at 4fps, centre point focus

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m531/oldcanon/EM-5%20action%20shots%20using%20CAF%20mode/anotherboardercomestogiref.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m531/oldcanon/EM-5%20action%20shots%20using%20CAF%20mode/anotherboardercomestogrief.jpg

(Hope to go Birding tomorrow so will be trying this out with Owls and Hawks in flight, it will be interesting to see if it works as well with them)

Zuiko
3rd December 2012, 07:35 PM
More sensational windsurfing pictures!

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with BIF! :)

Ulfric M Douglas
3rd December 2012, 08:58 PM
Ouch! Wipeout!
...or something. :)

Olybirder
3rd December 2012, 11:23 PM
Two more superb action shots Brian. Lovely stuff. I look forward to seeing how you get on with your BIFs. Owls and Hawks are big birds but they are a fraction of the size of windsurfers.

Ron

Alpha1
4th December 2012, 08:44 AM
Great stuff Brian....Avon beach again? If so that venue was my very first trip out with the OMD, but the sea looked very different then, a dead flat calm and I certainly hadn't learnt how to CAF! *chr

oly_om
4th December 2012, 10:42 AM
One thing the E-M5 does have set by default is the 'Release Priority C-AF' set to 'ON' - I think it should be 'OFF' - your keeper rate with C-AF will improve dramatically by only firing when the object is in focus.

Andy

Seonnaidh
4th December 2012, 11:00 AM
Great pictures Brian. Full of drama and well caught.
Let us know how you get on with the Owl and Hawks.

Chevvyf1
4th December 2012, 12:55 PM
You are really doing FAC with that kit :) Superb shots :) just glad its not me in the shots ...

brian1208
4th December 2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks All, yes it was shot on Avon Beach.

When the wind is Southerly or SSW you get some great waves and the action can get frantic, as you can see

Just back from the Hawk Conservancy and I regret to report that I can't make the EM-5 do the same CAF magic with BIF's (much as we all thought).

I tried for about 30 minutes, then went back to SAF+M. Mind you, the light was not very good even when the sky was clear, needing ISO 800 to get sensible shutter speeds a lot of the time.

If there are any worthwhile shots I may bore you with a few :)

Chevvyf1
4th December 2012, 05:51 PM
Yes please Brian, I would like to see your Hawk Shots :)