PDA

View Full Version : Chimping question

Rens
29th November 2012, 12:27 AM
Coming from DSLRs, I'm used to framing the image in the viewfinder and checking the image on the screen.

But when using the EM5, when framing in the VF, the image doesn't come on the screen when I take my eye from the VF. Unless, of course, I go into playback mode.

Is there a way I can take the image using the VF but view it on the screen? Checking the small image in the VF doesn't feel right to me.

Rens

Seonnaidh
29th November 2012, 10:51 AM
I think it's great. At a wedding you can easily check how things are jogging along without
keep looking down at the camera. Just an opinion thats all.

snaarman
29th November 2012, 11:21 AM
Surely this is possible (the E-M5 does almost everything)..

If you set the image view time to a few seconds and use the eye sensor thingy and leave the rear screen enabled (but not enable touch screen I suspect).. then if you take your eye away from the viewfinder immediately after the shot then the image should transfer to the rear screen about the same time you look at it. Maybe?

For myself, I have the rear screen off and use the viewfinder to peek at the image. It works better in daylight than the rear screen.

Pete

StephenL
29th November 2012, 11:35 AM
I think it's partly down to how the button on the right of the viewfinder is set.

Myself, I have the preview set to zero, and if I do want to look at an image I simply press the review button and it appears on the main LCD.

Rens
29th November 2012, 11:59 AM
I think it's great. At a wedding you can easily check how things are jogging along without
keep looking down at the camera. Just an opinion thats all.

It must be useful, especially if you're used to the system. It's not possible to do what I'm used to, so I'll have to adapt.

It's a trivial problem.

Rens

StephenL
29th November 2012, 12:04 PM
Oh, it is possible. That's how mine was set up from the factory. But I didn't like it like that so I changed it. Just don't ask how! I think it's somewhere under Gear Wheel D in the setup menu.