PDA

View Full Version : Challenge 52 "your Towns Christmas Tree at night"

Wee man
28th November 2012, 09:59 AM
Sorry for delay it was due to a death in the family the new challenge is....

Challenge #52 "your Towns Christmas Tree at night"

The challenge is "your Towns Christmas Tree at night"

As usual, the winner gets to choose the theme for the next competition, please have a go!

Please email them to Mredkilgore@aol.com with the subject line "Olympus Challenge". Entries accepted until midnight 22nd December 2012.

General rules:
-Max. 800 pixels in width or height
-Up to 512KB
-EXIF intact
-Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between 28th November 2012 and 22nd December 2012.
-Include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 28th November 2012 and 22nd December 2012 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 22nd December. We will vote in the week following, results announced soon after voting closes. More reminders and details nearer the date.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-
Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-* camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-
Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Please join in and help keep this fun photo challenge alive. Merry Christmas.

dbutch
5th December 2012, 08:35 PM
Fun challenge Weeman
sorry to hear about your loss and hope your daughter has recovered

Dave

David Morison
5th December 2012, 10:22 PM
Sorry I didn't know about your grief. Afraid that I cannot enter anything as I don't live near a town and our village doesn't really do that sort of thing, but I hope the challenge attracts many entries.

David

Wee man
6th December 2012, 12:25 PM
This could be your big chance to start a new tradition in your village? Nice to see an honest man.
Thanks to both for your comments daughter home and slowly recovering.

Wee man
14th December 2012, 11:10 AM
Just a bump for this with the site being down you may have forgotten to enter that super Christmas tree photograph you have taken ??????????

Wee man
21st December 2012, 09:30 AM
You only have until tomorrow night to get all those lovely Christmas Tree photographs in for the competition.
Only two entries so far and one is my own!

Wee man
21st December 2012, 11:22 AM
Just back from shopping and found the council cutting down the Christmas tree on asking I was told that the new tree will be the Forth this year complaints that No. 1 was sparse resulted in it being replaced the second tree had a split after being put up so H&S said it had to come down this one also has a problem so a new one will be put up. Talk of a plastic tree and we live near one of N. Irelands main forests???

Really only a bump for this competition!!!

Chevvyf1
21st December 2012, 12:56 PM
Ed, if we do not go into Town at night and live in a village, can we post a photo of our outdoors Christmas Tree ?