PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Remote Control - just in case I have missed something?

IainMacD
25th November 2012, 01:40 PM
I have an IR remote control that I use(d) on my E-system cameras and wondered if it would work on my E-PL2? I have looked through the menus and the manual and can't find anything to suggest it will - can anyone confirm or otherwise?
Thank you

mike_j
25th November 2012, 01:43 PM
Why not just try it? It's a volt free contact so won't do any harm.

IainMacD
25th November 2012, 02:02 PM
Sorry, I should have explained that I have tried pointing it at the camera from all angles to no avail and wondered if something needed to changed in the settings to make it work. It is an RM-1 equivalent remote

mike_j
25th November 2012, 04:10 PM
I misunderstood - my mistake. I thought you were talking about the two part gadgets with a receiver that plugged into the camera and a remote transmitter.

Who's_E
25th November 2012, 10:13 PM
Do you not need to set the camera to be ready to receive the IR signal - I think that's how I did it on my E3. I recall it was via the drive mode menu but I don't know if the EPL2 has it.

Nick

cariadus
25th November 2012, 10:51 PM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have IR. I had an IR remote for my E-1 which doesn't work with my E-M5. Instead you need to use a remote and transmitter which plugs into the USB socket. I would imagine that the E-PL2 is the same. It's a shame because IR remote is so much easier.

IainMacD
25th November 2012, 11:12 PM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't have IR. I had an IR remote for my E-1 which doesn't work with my E-M5. Instead you need to use a remote and transmitter which plugs into the USB socket. I would imagine that the E-PL2 is the same. It's a shame because IR remote is so much easier.

It is so much smaller too, which is useful when keeping kit to a minimum size. I have a corded remote and one of the receivers that plugs into the USB so I am covered; I just fancied the smaller lighter option.
Thanks for your help.