PDA

View Full Version : Help please - OMD auto ISO

Rens
25th November 2012, 09:25 AM
Is there a way I can set the minimum shutter speed when ISO is set to auto? I find auto ISO really useful, but I'm sometimes getting shutter speeds lower than I want. I'm using aperture priority mode.

The Nikon system I'm used to doesn't vary the speed to allow for the focal length, but it does enable the user to choose a minimum shutter speed.

And while I'm posting, what system do Raw shooters find best? I've been using Adobe ACR but it doesn't recognise EM5 Raw files.

Rens

StephenL
25th November 2012, 09:36 AM
And while I'm posting, what system do Raw shooters find best? I've been using Adobe ACR but it doesn't recognise EM5 Raw files.

Rens

I use LR4, which uses ACR. The latest versions of ACR recognise E-M5 files, so perhaps you need to upgrade? :)

Daveart
25th November 2012, 10:53 AM
Hi Rens when using auto iso and control shutter speed to a set shutter speed select shutter priority, if you need control of both shutter speed and app then use manual and dial in tour shutter speed required and f stop with front and rear dials. then you are set to go.

Dave

Zuiko
25th November 2012, 11:34 AM
You can set a minimum shutter speed, which enables you to still shoot in aperture priority but ensuring the shutter speed does not drop below a certain level, set by you. This is done, oddly enough, by setting the slow sync speed for flash in the menu. This also sets the minimum shutter speed when using Auto ISO without flash.

Menu > Gears > F (Flash Custom) > Slow Limit > use up/down arrow keys to adjust.

Depending on what software you are using you may be able to download a later version of ACR which does accomodate E-M5 ORFs.

For example, I had Elements 9 but this did not support the latest ACR so I upgraded to Elements 10. This did not come with the right version ACR but it does support it and I was able to download it free from the Adobe support site.

Elements 10 users are now experiencing the same problem with the new E-PL5 and will have to upgrade to Elements 11, or choose an alternative such as Lightroom.

Rens
25th November 2012, 11:50 AM
You can set a minimum shutter speed, which enables you to still shoot in aperture priority but ensuring the shutter speed does not drop below a certain level, set by you. This is done, oddly enough, by setting the slow sync speed for flash in the menu. This also sets the minimum shutter speed when using Auto ISO without flash.

Menu > Gears > F (Flash Custom) > Slow Limit > use up/down arrow keys to adjust.

Depending on what software you are using you may be able to download a later version of ACR which does accomodate E-M5 ORFs.

For example, I had Elements 9 but this did not support the latest ACR so I upgraded to Elements 10. This did not come with the right version ACR but it does support it and I was able to download it free from the Adobe support site.

Elements 10 users are now experiencing the same problem with the new E-PL5 and will have to upgrade to Elements 11, or choose an alternative such as Lightroom.

Thanks, I wouldn't have found this.

Rens

Alpha1
25th November 2012, 01:50 PM
I use Capture One Pro version 7

Even version 6 supported the E-M5 from very early on.