PDA

View Full Version : Need a reminder how to order my free bag and battery grip...

theMusicMan
5th December 2007, 11:46 PM
Hey All

I registered an interest several weeks ago to purchase an E-3, and I have several existing E-System cameras, but I have forgotten how to go about ordering my free Battery Grip and Backpack.

Anyone care to enlighten this idiot please...:)

dlinney
6th December 2007, 12:39 AM
e-mail Olympus as per following:

from : http://www.olympus-europa.com/consumer/dslr_powergrip.htm

Free HLD-4 power grip promotion

As owner of an Olympus E-System D-SLR camera, you are eligible to receive a HLD-4 power grip free of charge when purchasing the new E-3. Taking advantage of this special loyalty offer is as easy as 1, 2 and 3:

1. Ensure that your current E-System camera is officially registered
2. Register your new Olympus E-3 by 31 December 2007
3. Post, fax or email your purchase receipt to:

Olympus D-SLR Promotion
Postfach 1420
32773 Lage
Germany

Fax: +49 (0) 5232-68445

E-Mail: Imaging.News@olympus-europa.com

Once all conditions have been fulfilled, the HLD-4 power grip will mailed out to your given address. Click here to go to product registration page

Legal notice:
1. This is a promotion of Olympus Imaging Europa GmbH and its participating liaison offices and
distributors respectively.
2. For details, please visit our country and regional websites.
3. Unfortunately, customers outside the distribution territories of participating liaison offices and
distributors may not participate.
4. Dispatch to outside of paticipating countries does not take place.5. No employees of Olympus are eligible to enter.
6. Legal action is excluded.

and

http://www.olympus-europa.com/consumer/dslr_probackpack.htm

art frames
6th December 2007, 09:40 AM
I know how you feel. It could be more customer friendly.

I did mine earlier in the week and sent copies of everything by email. That is it - in response you get absolutely nothing.

I get so used to getting emails back for things I order saying it is OK that having nothing back usually makes me wonder if it has gone into a black hole or spam filter.

It is only by seeing that this happened to everyone else that makes me 'comfortable' with this. That and sending myself a time-stamped email copy!

I wonder how many Ian will have to sort out later! Good old Ian. :)

beardedwombat
6th December 2007, 09:46 AM
I did get a "read receipt" back from my email to Olympus so at least someone is reading them!
Chris

PeterD
6th December 2007, 08:38 PM
I did get a "read receipt" back from my email to Olympus so at least someone is reading them!
Chris

Thanks Chris for reminding me what I should have done. I just sent the e-mails and THEN thought, now if I had asked for a read receipt.......

PeterD:(

theMusicMan
7th December 2007, 10:33 PM
So regarding the receipt for the E-3, can I take a photograph of it with the Camera - taken with my E-510 say, and then send that as proof of purchase receipt...?

emirpprime
7th December 2007, 11:00 PM
I don't see why not, in practical terms it is the same as a scan or fax. I think as long as they can read it they probably don;t mind much how you made it.

Phil