PDA

View Full Version : Advice on focusing e500

jacqui
22nd November 2012, 01:48 PM
Hi, I have recently bought an e500 twin lens kit and after trying it out a few times it seems to be front focusing, could anyone give me advice if there is anything I can do about this. I thought I had read somewhere about adjusting the focusing with a hex key? or something like that, and I seem to remember a few years back my husband did the same on an e520 I had at the time. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks. Jacqui.

Zuiko
22nd November 2012, 02:02 PM
On some later models you can indeed calibrate focusing for each lens on your camera, but not the E-500 I'm afraid. Olympus can do this for you but it will mean sending the camera and lens away.

Stewart G
22nd November 2012, 02:10 PM
Am fairly certain the 500 does not have focus adjustment options. It does have focus bracketing. If that setting were on, each photo shot would be a bit in front or behind ideal focus, and you might not know it. A small icon will appear in the Super Control Panel and in the viewfinder, I think, if focus bracketing is on, which is easy to overlook. The setting is in the same menu sub-window as the other types of bracketing. Be sure it's off.

If that doesn't help, perhaps set up some focusing tests with objects of known distances? In my own similar situations, whenever I've thought the camera wasn't doing something right, it usually turned out to be operator error.