PDA

View Full Version : Rejoined the fold

mike_j
15th November 2012, 12:03 PM
Well, after four years with a Panasonic I have rejoined Oly with an OM-D.

It's a real leap of faith because I bought the camera without ever seeing one.

I read that it's very configurable and see there is an article on DPReview on how to set it up. We'll see how it goes.

Anyone want a Panasonic G1?

StephenL
15th November 2012, 12:22 PM
Welcome back!

There's a lot of useful set-up suggestions here on this forum. Anything you want to know, just ask! Who knows, we may even know the answer!

Seonnaidh
15th November 2012, 12:39 PM
Stephen, please don't tell people or even suggest to them we might know the answers.:eek:
I for one might have to think then:D
Seriously welcome back. You're gonna love the OMD.

mike_j
16th November 2012, 05:39 PM
It arrived today and is mint condition as promised - thank you Colchester Cameraworld. It even had a 2GB card in it with some photos of the shop and shopping arcade - no doubt trial shots by potential buyers.

First impressions are good. Nice feel, good weight and the grip is very like my Leica with the little thumb rest - an after fit accessory on the Leica. Lens seems oversized, I'm looking forward to trying a 28mm Zeiss M on it when the battery is charged. The few shots I have been able to take seem very sharp and focus speed and stabilisation most impressive.

Disappointed but not surprised that there is no lens hood. Manufacturers seen to have decided that this basic item is a lucrative source of income.

Anyway - out using it and learning about it tomorrow. Should be fun but weather forecast is poor so may be struggling for interesting rather than challenging pictures. It is waterproof isn't it?

StephenL
16th November 2012, 05:59 PM
It is waterproof isn't it?

So 'tis claimed. I tend to avoid water wherever possible (except a wee drop in my wee yin!)

brianvickers
16th November 2012, 11:13 PM
I've been out in the rain with mine with the 12-50mm with no probe. I think you will really enjoy the camera....its fantastic! The 12-50 is better than I expected too.

Graham_of_Rainham
16th November 2012, 11:55 PM
How about a really nice book to go with your new camera :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150948256268?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649