PDA

View Full Version : Manual

sapper
10th November 2012, 09:23 AM
Anyone printed out the manual for the OM-D? It's a pain having to go to my Mac to read it each time I want help.

Not sure if I want to print out 131 A4 pages. The manual for the E5 is really good, small enough to keep in my camera bag, but not sure about A4.

Wonder if I could reduce it to A5? suggestions welcome.

The Saint
10th November 2012, 09:49 AM
David

I've download the PDF to my iPad and mobile phone. That way I always have it on me. iPad is easier to read from but phone is more portable and fine when I just need to make a quick reference.

Simon

Chevvyf1
10th November 2012, 09:51 AM
Dave you missed Jon aka Seidonnah post of this, this week :)
it is in the OM-D Threads

sapper
10th November 2012, 10:00 AM
Simon, can I borrow your ipad?
Maybe I should download it to my phone, just got to find out how to do it.
Thanks Chevvy, will check that out.

Chevvyf1
10th November 2012, 10:02 AM
Dave you missed Jon aka Seidonnah post of this, this week :)

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23982

sapper
10th November 2012, 10:17 AM
I just checked out Amazon. Don't know the author, but the guide is still too big to carry around, like 8x 10 inches. Why cannot Oly do as they did with the E 5, a manual in one language that can be carried around?
It's not like the camera is a simple point and shoot. I looked at the manual this morning to find out how to enlarge the image when using live view and still not found it. B****r!
Like Olybirder, I feel short changed.

Bikie John
10th November 2012, 10:22 AM
I printed it 2-up and double-sided so it's 4 pages per 4 sheet and folds over to A5. Easy enough to do as it's a PDF which gaves you the options you need. I had to think about the order of the pages because it does all the "outside" pages first then you turn the heap over and oriunt the "inside" pages on the back. Bit fiddly but I got it first time without wasting any paper.

Ciao ... John

peak4
10th November 2012, 10:31 AM
I printed it 2-up and double-sided so it's 4 pages per 4 sheet and folds over to A5. Easy enough to do as it's a PDF which gaves you the options you need. I had to think about the order of the pages because it does all the "outside" pages first then you turn the heap over and oriunt the "inside" pages on the back. Bit fiddly but I got it first time without wasting any paper.

Ciao ... John

I did the same, but printed it at a reduced percentage size.
Rather than folding it in half, as there are so many pages, I then guillotined the sheets in half and used a spiral binder to turn it into a small book instead of stapling it.
Front and back pages were laminated for strength.

The overall package came out at 5" x 4" which fits in a bag quite nicely.

sapper
10th November 2012, 10:45 AM
Thank you for this guys, very helpful.

Alpha1
10th November 2012, 01:31 PM
Anyone worked out the price in ink , paper and time for printing it yourself?

It cots 13.00 for the Olympus e-m5 manual from Olympus UK.

sapper
10th November 2012, 04:02 PM
I just printed out on A5, the pages I needed. Did it on my laser printer, cheap as chips. Now I have to find some way of binding the pages together, did used to own a ring binder but with the move, haven't got a clue where it is.

Chevvyf1
10th November 2012, 04:27 PM
Dave Tesco sell small A5 ringbinders ... :) not quite cheap as chips :) but close :) (or any supermarket in the stationary dept :) or you could buy a clear A4 with cipsafe and cut it down :)

sapper
10th November 2012, 04:49 PM
I meant a ring binding machine Chevvy, not a ring binder:)

Chevvyf1
10th November 2012, 04:50 PM
I meant a ring binding machine Chevvy, not a ring binder:)

arrr I have one of these :) with Spiro bind plastic thingies ... if you want tp post to me I am most happy to bind it and post it back ? :D

Chevvyf1
10th November 2012, 04:52 PM
Dave, I buy these and cut down to A5

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pentel-Recycology-Clip-File-Assorted/dp/B004JFPFJS/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1352566273&sr=8-15

if you want just one I can post you one :)

sapper
10th November 2012, 04:57 PM
PM sent......

CJJE
10th November 2012, 11:10 PM
I bought a printed copy of the PDF file from Oldtimer Cameras. It's roughly A5 sized, printed double sided and perfect bound for 11.95.

Details at http://www.oldtimercameras.com/stock/Model.asp?Model=26401&ModelPage=true

RogerMac
11th November 2012, 02:01 AM
If all else fails try this (http://www.print-my-pdf.com/)

sapper
11th November 2012, 07:34 AM
Thanks for your help guys. I have now printed what I want and a very kind forum member is going to bind it for me.

Gwyver
11th November 2012, 03:22 PM
I just printed out on A5, the pages I needed. Did it on my laser printer, cheap as chips. Now I have to find some way of binding the pages together, ....

Any decent local print shop should be able to do a metal wire spiral bind with clear plastic front/rear covers, while you wait, for much less than a fiver.

Chevvyf1
14th November 2012, 04:21 PM
Dave this may interest you :) last page ...

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?p=198828#post198828