PDA

View Full Version : HELP! How Good is the M14-150 lens?

Ross the fiddler
8th November 2012, 05:25 AM
Now that Oly Australia are offering a 20% cash back (up till the end of Jan 2013) on a number of the micro 4/3's range of lenses, I've ordered the 60mm macro lens which is on the list (& purchased at a discount price too), but I'm also thinking the M14-150 (which is on the cash back list too) might be useful in my kit & eventually I'm also hoping to add the Panasonic 100-300 lens too.

Could I please have some feedback on the quality of the images etc from the 14-150 lens, knowing that it does get a little soft at the long end, I'm keen to see how the overall quality is & how favoured it is amongst the users here.

Thanks.

*chr

StephenL
8th November 2012, 08:51 AM
It's a pretty good lens, especially as it's a "superzoom". But I'm selling mine as I really don't use it, having moved mainly to ptimes. I could have posted mine to you earlier this week as I took it with me to Melbourne and used it for precisely 3 photos till I bought my 75mm!

andym
8th November 2012, 09:07 AM
I've been very surprised and pleased what you can achieve with this lens.Ok it's not as good as my HG 4/3 lenses but as a walk-around it's great.It's so compact and light and with a great zoom range.
For travel I find it perfect.Even at the long end you can get very good results if you stop down to about f6.3-f7.1.
It's the only m4/3 I own as I was not sure about the 12-50 when the E-M5 came out.