PDA

View Full Version : OMD ibis settings

Rooky007
2nd November 2012, 06:16 PM
Which settings you guys using and what got focal length set at under is1 or is2 or is3 am confuse on this

SteveJ
2nd November 2012, 06:30 PM
If you are using M 4/3 lenses the focal length will be set automaticaly as for IS ?

Steve

Rooky007
2nd November 2012, 06:35 PM
In the setting for ibis there 3 settings to choose from

PeterBirder
2nd November 2012, 08:20 PM
In the setting for ibis there 3 settings to choose from

1/ Stabilisation in all axes.
2/ Vertical stabilisation only. Use when panning horizontaly.
3/ Horizontal stabilisation only. Use when panning with the camera in portrait orientation.

Page 49 of the manual.

Regards.*chr

jgharold
2nd November 2012, 08:25 PM
Not sure if you have seen my tweet but on page 49 of the manual it states the following.
Choosing a focal length (Micro Four Thirds/Four Thirds System lenses excluded) Use focal length information to reduce camera shake when shooting with lenses that are not Micro Four Thirds or Four Thirds system lenses.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/oima_cckb/E-M5_Instruction_Manual_EN.pdf

Rooky007
2nd November 2012, 08:40 PM
I was being lazy not took the cd out yet to look at the Manual but now you provided a link to it I have downloaded it and putting it on the ipad to read while in bed

Going to have a good read and get use to this lovely camera

ayewing
2nd November 2012, 11:53 PM
Reading the manual in bed is probably the best place as you may find it rather soporific. The manual is packed with useful information but seems to be designed as a work of reference. Indeed I found that I could not make much sense of it until I had played with the camera for a while then things began to fall into place. Now I find it a useful resource but I have not attempted to read it from cover to cover.

Greytop
6th November 2012, 10:04 AM
I mostly use IS set to 1.

Bikie John
6th November 2012, 01:42 PM
Ditto. I just leave it on 1 and never think about it. I never got on with the IS in the E-3 and E-5 but in the OM-D it just seems to work for my hands.

Ciao ... JOhn