PDA

View Full Version : E3 help DIY

andym
15th July 2008, 07:13 PM
I,ve got a really annoying hair on the back of my focusing screen.Alright it does not affect my pictures but I can see it all the time:mad:
Any of you DIY people out there removed the focus screen on an E3????
I know its supposed to be done at a service centre but it must be possible.
On my E1 the screen would be out cleaned and back in the camera in about 2mins.

250swb
15th July 2008, 08:48 PM
On the BACK!

I've had a lot of crud in my E3 and some from new, so I'd guess the hair must have been in there from new. So far the SSWF, or a wet clean, or my Giottos 'super blower' can deal with almost anything, but I've never had anything behind the screen. So sorry, can't help

Steve

andym
15th July 2008, 08:53 PM
On the BACK!

I've had a lot of crud in my E3 and some from new, so I'd guess the hair must have been in there from new. So far the SSWF, or a wet clean, or my Giottos 'super blower' can deal with almost anything, but I've never had anything behind the screen. So sorry, can't help

Steve

Must be on the back as its in focus.Things on the front which I can remove are OOF.

Westy
27th July 2008, 05:36 PM
I am sending my E3 away for cleaning of the focusing screen this week through my local camera shop. I cant remove the dust and fibers with a blower, if anything this made it worse. Cost will be £50 :eek: I have been told. I know it has no effect on the finished pics but it really gets on my nerves looking at the bits of debris through the viewfinder.It will be like having no right hand whilst my camera is away.at least my E1 will get an airing for a week.