PDA

View Full Version : HELP! New E-5 with dust on sensor?

tall nel
28th October 2012, 12:34 PM
After an unfortunate (drunken) dropping of my trusty 520, I put my financial blinkers on and got a good deal on an E-5 - just in time for a photo workshop in Wales. All went really well until I got home and saw what to my untrained eye were lots of dust spots on the sensor when taking dynamic tone photos of sky.

I only changed lenses a couple of times in good conditions so donít think it was me.

(New to using forums and don't know how to include a picture in the thread other than as an attachment :confused:)

So I don't look too stupid when going back to the supplier

1) Can someone confirm that it is likely to be a mucky sensor
2) Has anyone else had a similar problem with a new e-5

Thanks

Simon

Nick Temple-Fry
28th October 2012, 01:22 PM
Can't comment on the apparent dust. Though F22 will show up every spot and is possibly an unnecessary choice shooting the sky - though of course good for a test shot.

Uploading to the gallery and including in shots is covered in a couple of video tutorials to be found on the rhs of the sites home page.

Yell out if you still have problems

Nick

Roy Clarke
28th October 2012, 01:28 PM
Hi Simon
It has happened to me and a couple of others. Although yours looks much worse than mine was. Link below refers:

http://goo.gl/X6PFs

Take it back it is not acceptable on a new Camera.

Roy

Zuiko
28th October 2012, 02:03 PM
Hi Simon, best get it sorted now, you'll regret it if you don't. Take it back and demand a replacement.

Stewart G
28th October 2012, 03:44 PM
If that spot is as big as it looks, you might be able to see it on the sensor by setting the camera to a long exposure time and peering past the shutter with a flashlight.

David M
28th October 2012, 03:52 PM
Let me guess, the good deal was because it was an ex-demo or used body.

jamie allan
28th October 2012, 04:12 PM
Simon,
If the good deal was a really good one and you don't want to return it it is relatively easy to clean the sensor yourself. There are various threads on here on how to do so.
http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19440&highlight=sensor+cleaning