PDA

View Full Version : I see no other mention of an Olympus watch!!

theMusicMan
4th December 2007, 11:54 PM
When I purchased my Olympus E-3 on Saturday I was the lucky recipient of an Olympus watch to accompany it. Nothing too brilliant, but very kind and presentable nonetheless. The Olympus rep was in the store I purchased the camera from so maybe this was something to do with it.

Anyone else have one of these...?

DTD
5th December 2007, 08:58 AM
Years ago Olympus gave a watch away with I think the original mju compact.
I bought one of the watches t'other week off eBay for a fiver.
What does the E-3 watch look like? – Care to post a picture?

theMusicMan
5th December 2007, 09:11 AM
Years ago Olympus gave a watch away with I think the original mju compact.
I bought one of the watches t'other week off eBay for a fiver.
What does the E-3 watch look like? Care to post a picture?Sure, but not at home until the end of this week. Am in Copenhagen today then London for the rest of the week. I will take some shots on the weekend for you.

emirpprime
5th December 2007, 10:03 AM
Often on 'Dealer Days', where a rep is int he store to help flogg stuff, they give away extra goodies/discounts. It was probably that happening. You can now make us all jealous with your very exclusive watch :mad:
Phil

theMusicMan
5th December 2007, 12:46 PM
Often on 'Dealer Days', where a rep is int he store to help flogg stuff, they give away extra goodies/discounts. It was probably that happening. You can now make us all jealous with your very exclusive watch :mad:
Phil
I must admit, it's nice enough, and I am grateful to Olympus for it and will wear it with pride when the occasion presents itself :)

art frames
5th December 2007, 01:54 PM
And there was I impressed with the free 'nipple clamps' that they gave us at the Worx launch.

I confess to now having two 'free' Olympus baseball caps and am waiting 'for the right moment' to wear those as well.

I wonder if I'm not meeting the right people at Olympus :mad:

Peter

PS do you think they traded your manual for the watch?

theMusicMan
5th December 2007, 02:01 PM
Haha, I guess so... I really need this so I can fathom out how to set it up custom wise for the way I want the functions to work. I appreciate there's a PDF manual floating around, but that's a pain really and I want my own manual I can write in etc.

sapper
5th December 2007, 02:33 PM
When I purchased my Olympus E-3 on Saturday I was the lucky recipient of an Olympus watch to accompany it. Nothing too brilliant, but very kind and presentable nonetheless. The Olympus rep was in the store I purchased the camera from so maybe this was something to do with it.

Anyone else have one of these...?

Hi John.
I got an Olympus watch when I went to an E 330 'do' at Digital Depot some time ago. An oly guy at one of the London 'do's' said that there was a new one on the way. Mine has a brown strap, wot colour yours?

Wot are 'nipple clamps' Peter? I was at the 'Worx' do but don't remember them. Mind you, they sound painful:D

Dave.

art frames
5th December 2007, 02:54 PM
Dave

Yes, they were silver weighted blocks with a metal flexible stem topped by cunningly sharp crocodile clips (for attaching to the nipple).

Initially I thought they might be for weighing down stray grass stems when I was doing nature photography but all was explained to me later.

Did you not get one? I was disappointed only to get one for obvious reasons. :)

sapper
5th December 2007, 03:00 PM
Dave

Yes, they were silver weighted blocks with a metal flexible stem topped by cunningly sharp crocodile clips (for attaching to the nipple).

Initially I thought they might be for weighing down stray grass stems when I was doing nature photography but all was explained to me later.

Did you not get one? I was disappointed only to get one for obvious reasons. :)

Oh yes!! I did get one. I thought they were for fixing bits of paper to, silly me.:rolleyes:

Dave.

theMusicMan
5th December 2007, 07:15 PM
They are desk photo holders! Clip a picture in the croc clip and have it on your desk!! voila!

art frames
5th December 2007, 08:11 PM
Once I get the blood off I'll try that. ;)