PDA

View Full Version : Get yourself noticed

Mark Thackara
15th October 2012, 08:43 AM
On a more postive note - we are keen to feature a wider range of images in our new on-line magazine

“Taken a great shot with your Olympus camera? Want to be featured in the next issue of Olympus Magazine? Send your pictures to gallery@olympusmag.co.uk (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/thackaram/Local%20Settings/Temp/notes02463A/gallery@olympusmag.co.uk) and you could appear in our magazine’s Gallery section”

AND please do not forget to register at

https://myolympus.olympus-consumer.com/en-GB/Newsletter/Subscribe

David M
15th October 2012, 10:35 AM
What are your rates?

Mark Thackara
15th October 2012, 11:01 AM
A very fair question. The section is aimed at people who are happy to display their wares for nowt. The magazine is free and pitched at enthusiasts but I realise this is not for everyone.

Should anyone have an image that they feel is so good it demands attention but not for nothing, feel free to let me see it and perhaps we can build in a special image each month where I offer something!

Zuiko
15th October 2012, 12:32 PM
I've no objection to providing pictures to the magazine without payment. After all, we do something very similar every time we post a picture on this forum! It also occurs to me that we are fortunate to have this forum, which is provided free of charge by Olympus, as indeed is the new on-line magazine. It's also an inescapable fact that many commercial photographic publications now offer token payments, such as a memory cards, when previously they paid cash. Some even offer no payment at all, relying upon vanity submissions, and that's for a magazine with a cover price!

Now, if I was lucky enough to capture a stonking picture that was so good Olympus wanted to use it for a national advertizing campaign things would be different. I'd want the same rates as Bailey! :D

Zuiko
15th October 2012, 12:34 PM
One question, Mark, what size files does the magazine require?

And another; do they need any short, illustrated articles about using Olympus cameras?

Seonnaidh
15th October 2012, 02:58 PM
Mark,
I have a great idea.
How about the author of the one picture selected for reward each month is allowed a 5 minute trolley dash around Olympus' main stock warehouse.
I could be flexible enough should I win, to supply my own trolley.
It's a bit large and quite slow, yellow and made by JCB, but I'm prepared to forego a mad dash.
Alternatively if you could offer me a long week end anywhere with a thirty year old Sophia Loren then I might forego the trolley dash.
Your decision.

Mark Thackara
15th October 2012, 03:09 PM
Ah, light relief from an afternoon trying to tie up invoices
As I said - I would love to see what you've got. Perhaps 1 image per person to make you choose and then each month we will award some reasonable prize - let me work on it.
meanwhile, if anyone is feeling keen, can we set up an "olympus magazine" comp section here? then we can invite entries and I will choose one a month

AND if we can use any commercially we will pay!

Seonnaidh
15th October 2012, 03:17 PM
Now that sounds like a top hole no 1 idea.

Zuiko
15th October 2012, 03:22 PM
How about the author of the one picture selected for reward each month is allowed a 5 minute trolley dash around Olympus' main stock warehouse.

You still won't get any spare batteries for the E-M5. :D

Zuiko
15th October 2012, 03:27 PM
As I said - I would love to see what you've got. Perhaps 1 image per person to make you choose and then each month we will award some reasonable prize - let me work on it.
meanwhile, if anyone is feeling keen, can we set up an "olympus magazine" comp section here? then we can invite entries and I will choose one a month

Could be a good way of promoting the magazine on this forum AND promoting the Forum in the magazine. :)

BTW Mark, with all that paperwork you need an assistant! :D

And just a thought, could your missing invoices be in the Cayman Islands? *laugh

LMGruchy
15th October 2012, 04:44 PM
Mark, can anyone subscribe, please? My hubby was the subscriber to the Olympus User magazine and I just read it.

I'll have a firtle around for something to post.

RogerMac
15th October 2012, 06:36 PM
May I make a suggestion ?- award a small low value trophy prize for the selected images. A bit like AP's "AP likes my photos" mug. I never have won one of those but 50 years ago I won several sporting trophies that I still drink beer out of, and remember past triumphs

Roger

jamsa
16th October 2012, 09:05 PM
It will be a pleasure to contribute

MotoCroz
16th October 2012, 09:18 PM
tried subscribing but no confirmation came through

John Rayner
22nd October 2012, 06:11 PM
South African photos acceptable ?
In answer to your respnse, yes, I am South African and so are my pics :)

Mrs T
22nd October 2012, 06:55 PM

I like that idea.

Amanda