PDA

View Full Version : flash

Ava
14th October 2012, 05:59 PM
Is there a special setting to use for flash? I have tried to use the flash by just putting it on the camera. It goes off but something is not set correctly. The shutter seems too slow and things are blurred. I am not certain if the dial to the left needs to be turned to something or you need to set something after hitting the OK button or in the menu?

IainMacD
14th October 2012, 07:27 PM
Which flash are you using?

Ava
15th October 2012, 02:00 AM
I have the small flash that came with the camera. I was trying some different settings this evening. If I turn the dial to auto and push the OK button there is a setting for auto flash. It seems to work that way. I don't know if there is another way to set it up to work if it is not in auto.

PeterBirder
15th October 2012, 11:20 AM
Hi Ava.
A bit of confusion here as you posted this in the E-5 board but I believe you have an OMD EM-5 which is a totaly different camera. Alphabet soup.:D

On the EM-5 you need to set the flash mode on the Super Control Panel. I suspect your camera is set to one of the Slow Sync modes, try Auto Flash to start with. The instructions for the flash modes are on page 65 of the pdf manual on the disc that came with your camera.

Hope this helps.

Regards.*chr