PDA

View Full Version : Cityscape with OM-D & 75mm

jgharold
11th October 2012, 09:02 PM
Great morning in the city of London with the M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 and OM-D http://bit.ly/OWKfYq

StephenL
12th October 2012, 07:31 AM
Welcome! Some great shots there. Interesting to see real photos taken with the 75mm lens. Very tempting!

Bill Gordon
12th October 2012, 01:07 PM
Oh how I remember London...memories of a great city!

SteffB
13th October 2012, 09:28 PM
Some fantastic shots of Britains Jewel.

London is up the with the worlds best cities.

jdal
14th October 2012, 09:40 AM
Wonderful series. On the whole I'm not a big fan of London (worked in the city for a few years), I guess I'm not a lover of big cities being a bit of a bumpkin these days. Having said that there are some parts I like a lot, and the Borough Market area is certainly one of them. (The pubs are another ;) ) This series and your blog post certainly makes it look attractive.

Zuiko
14th October 2012, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forum, James, and thanks for posting the link to your blog entry. It's a great set with facinating narrative. However, regarding the 75mm lens, you do realize that at least 5 members have had a serious GAS attack after reading this and one is still suffering from EES (Extreme Envy Syndrome)! I suppose you'll make things worse by getting the 17mm f1.8 when that's available, too! :p

Great work, James, keep it up! *chr

Seonnaidh
14th October 2012, 10:30 AM
Hello James and welcome to the forum,
You have some fantastic shots there that make me feel quite homesick.
We are coming down to herts and Kent over the Xmas holidays and I fully intend
spending a day wandering around London taking pictures.
Can't wait.

StephenL
14th October 2012, 10:53 AM
However, regarding the 75mm lens, you do realize that at least 5 members have had a serious GAS attack after reading this and one is still suffering from EES (Extreme Envy Syndrome)! I suppose you'll make things worse by getting the 17mm f1.8 when that's available, too! :p

Great work, James, keep it up! *chr
I take it you're including me in this line-up ;)

I am now in a serious quarry as to my next lens. The 60mm or the 75mm. If I was seriously into macro there would be no difficulty. However, I see the 75mm having sufficient extra length over the excellent, and already-owned 45mm, that it is this lens which is leading the race at the moment. Always supposing we have money left over after Oz! :eek:

IainMacD
14th October 2012, 11:30 AM
Great set of images James, infact a very well written and interesting blog too

Zuiko
14th October 2012, 12:22 PM
I take it you're including me in this line-up ;)

I am now in a serious quarry as to my next lens. The 60mm or the 75mm. If I was seriously into macro there would be no difficulty. However, I see the 75mm having sufficient extra length over the excellent, and already-owned 45mm, that it is this lens which is leading the race at the moment. Always supposing we have money left over after Oz! :eek:

Sometimes it's tough being spoilt for choice!

Bikie John
14th October 2012, 01:12 PM
A great collection James. "Wine Wharf" really does it for me - no idea why, but why worry about that!

Ciao ... John