PDA

View Full Version : 12-35mm f2.8 jammed (temporarily)

drmarkf
9th October 2012, 01:08 AM
I had a scary moment today when swapping the 12-35 for an Oly m40-150 on my E-M5 - while twisting off the 12-35 I half stumbled while walking and (I think, because it happened quickly and I'm not 100% sure what really happened) I momentarily twisted back clockwise and the lens jammed in the bayonet.

One side was in the camera body and one side out.

After half-heartedly wiggling things to and fro for a minute, getting nowhere, I got braver and gave the lens a firmer twist and it rotated anticlockwise and came out cleanly.

On close inspection I can see absolutely no untoward marks on the camera or lens bayonets, and everything has worked perfectly normally since.

Phew :)

Has anyone else had this happen? I've seen nothing like it in 36 years of Olympus assorted-SLR ownership!

Zuiko
9th October 2012, 07:49 AM
I had a scary moment today when swapping the 12-35 for an Oly m40-150 on my E-M5 - while twisting off the 12-35 I half stumbled while walking and (I think, because it happened quickly and I'm not 100% sure what really happened) I momentarily twisted back clockwise and the lens jammed in the bayonet.

One side was in the camera body and one side out.

After half-heartedly wiggling things to and fro for a minute, getting nowhere, I got braver and gave the lens a firmer twist and it rotated anticlockwise and came out cleanly.

On close inspection I can see absolutely no untoward marks on the camera or lens bayonets, and everything has worked perfectly normally since.

Phew :)

Has anyone else had this happen? I've seen nothing like it in 36 years of Olympus assorted-SLR ownership!

I haven't come across that before, it takes "cross-threaded" to a whole new level! :eek:

I'm glad that all seems OK now. :)