PDA

View Full Version : EM-55 Eye piece

The Technician
7th October 2012, 01:11 PM
Hi all,
I have lost my EM-5's eye piece when on holiday in Spain last week and was hoping anyone can tell me is the one on the Olympus site EP-11 the correct one that comes with the camera? or if anyone can tell me where to get an original one?

WARNING:mad: if you are carrying your EM-5 on a sling strap take the eye piece off as it pops off very easily when it rubs against your clothing :eek:

StephenL
7th October 2012, 01:17 PM
The EP-11 is the larger one specifically designed for spectacle wearers. I would try Luton Cameras for the original.

When I replaced my original with the EP-11, I found it extremely difficult to remove and certainly it could not come off by accident. I presume there are "production tolerances" which account for some being looser than others.

bredman
7th October 2012, 04:45 PM
I'm surprised it was coming loose while freely hanging. When i push my lensed OMD into my small domke bag it occasionally pushes up the eyepiece slightly.

CJJE
7th October 2012, 05:30 PM
The standard eyecup is the EP-10, while the deeper version is the EP-11. Both are quite tight fits on my camera, so perhaps tolerances vary.

DJMC
7th October 2012, 08:26 PM
I may be looking to get an EP-11 so my EP-10 original may be up for grabs shortly?

I have EP-2 on my E-1 and EP-9 on the VF-2.

Can anyone say if the EP-11 is as useful as these two, being more rectangular in shape?
I don'rtwearr glasses.

Thanks!

*chr

The Technician
8th October 2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all the replys will try Luton Cameras *chr