PDA

View Full Version : Test drive an E-System camera (UK news)

Ian
10th July 2008, 09:37 AM
Looks tempting :)

http://fourthirds-user.com/2008/07/test_drive_an_olympus_esystem_dslr.php

Ian

HughofBardfield
10th July 2008, 09:47 AM
Now the challenge is to find a store:

a) That stocks Olympus
b) That doesn't keep them in a locked filing cabinet in the basement, behind a door with a sign saying "Beware of the leopard"
c) Has heard of this offer
d) Has a salesperson who can sign their own name
e) That isn't Digital Depot or Park Cameras (we can't all go there at the same time)

Or am I being just a tiny little bit too cynical about the wonderful world of photographic retail...

StephenL
10th July 2008, 12:56 PM
Last November Jessops in Durham had the E-410 and E-510 in stock AND allowed me to handle them without sneering. Should this be posted as a newsflash? :confused:
I don't think there are any retailers in Edinburgh with Oly stuff on the shelves. :(

a) That stocks Olympus
b) That doesn't keep them in a locked filing cabinet in the basement, behind a door with a sign saying "Beware of the leopard"
e) That isn't Digital Depot or Park Cameras (we can't all go there at the same time)

Or am I being just a tiny little bit too cynical about the wonderful world of photographic retail...

Who's_E
10th July 2008, 01:01 PM

a) That stocks Olympus

Hugh,

Adding to your list, London Camera Exchange (Strand) are very good for Olympus if anybody is near their shops. I sent a couple of people from work there instead of Jessops and they were very impressed.

Nick

Jim Ford
10th July 2008, 02:42 PM
I called into SRS in Watford this afternoon. They had the 'Test Drive' forms on the counter. As I wasn't aware of the scheme, I didn't give them a second look - but anyway, it looks like SRS is participating in the scheme.

Jim

alert_bri
10th July 2008, 04:42 PM
Looks like a good initiative... Olympus have zero 'presence' at the moment in the high street - perhaps it would be more useful to have an address to write a complaint? don't these stores want our money?

Kind Regards

Brian

j.baker
10th July 2008, 04:51 PM
They want our money, but some try to push the usual suspects.

grumpy69
20th September 2008, 05:39 AM
I have been into many camera shops to see about more lenses and all I get told is we have a picture and we can order you what you want *zzz I want to feel the product and try it, I would not have married the wifee without trying her cooking 1st :D

Wreckdiver
20th September 2008, 08:13 AM
I have been into many camera shops to see about more lenses and all I get told is we have a picture and we can order you what you want *zzz

Does that include Jessops by any chance? ;)

Steve