PDA

View Full Version : Challenge #50 - TRANQILLITY

ChrisW
24th September 2012, 09:13 PM
Could the MODS make this post a sticky ... thanks

The challenge is TRANQILLITY

As usual, the winner gets to choose the theme for the next competition. This challenges theme “tranquillity” is suitably vague enough to encompass almost anything, please have a go!

Please PM your entries to me, ChrisW, or email them to cwhytock @ blue yonder. . co . uk and mark the PM or email with "Olympus Challenge". Entries accepted until midnight 15 October 2012.

General rules:
-Max. 800 pixels in width or height
-Up to 512KB
-EXIF intact
-Taken by you on an E-series (4/3 or m4/3) camera between 25 September 2012 and 15 October 2012.
-Include your name, your forum moniker and a title for the picture.

Full rules:

1. Photos should be taken (dated in EXIF) between 25 September 2012 and 15 October 2012 inclusive and sent in during that period. Photos will be posted in the gallery after 15 October. We will vote in the week following, results announced soon after voting closes. More reminders and details nearer the date.

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name, (b) your e-group forum name and (c) a title for your photo, in the email. Any entries that are not clearly identifiable and verifiable won't be entered into the challenge.

3. Entries to the challenge :-
Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
Must be jpg format and no more than 800 pixels on the longest edge
Must have been taken on an Olympus E-* camera
Must have all EXIF data included for the organiser to verify.
Max file size to suit the gallery here is 512kb.

4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge. The organiser may also enter the challenge (the entries are anonymous and the organiser is trusted to record votes accurately).

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Voting on the challenge:-
Any registered member of the e-group forum may vote, including those who submit entries.
Those who submit entries may vote for their own photo but are expected to allot their choices fairly on perceived merit.
Voters should list their three choices in order of preference, by display number and title to avoid confusion.
Points will be allotted as follows: three to first choice, two to second choice, one to third choice.

Bikie John
24th September 2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks Chris, interesting subject. Did you want to change the "vote for your own" rule?

Ciao ... John

ChrisW
24th September 2012, 10:42 PM
I had thought about it, but I do not think it would be correct of me change the rules without the permission of Ian and the Moderators.

Perhaps Ian or the Moderators could start a thread to canvas members opinions on the rights and wrongs of “voting for your own” ?

Chevvyf1
25th September 2012, 08:26 AM
Great theme - right now the screaming baby asleep would be a great subject, but she is not ... asleep YET :( GRRRRrr

Barkly
25th September 2012, 08:44 AM
Never vote for your own - bad sport. Just like the Eurovision contest!

gregles
25th September 2012, 08:53 AM
Never vote for your own - bad sport. Just like the Eurovision contest! Totally agree*yes

kidslateinlife
26th September 2012, 07:14 PM
Excellent theme. Might pull out the stops.

kidslateinlife
26th September 2012, 07:15 PM
I agree and vote with the chap above.

Chevvyf1
26th September 2012, 09:04 PM
Excellent theme. Might pull out the stops.

ooh 'er ... now that is SCARY :) ... I would love to see Tranquillity in your house Alan :D it must be the opposite of mine (in that, our come during working hours and your go to school then :) )

Maybe we shall both select a quiet place, away from home :) a FUN theme :) so broad ...

kidslateinlife
26th September 2012, 09:30 PM
ooh 'er ... now that is SCARY :) ... I would love to see Tranquillity in your house Alan :D it must be the opposite of mine (in that, our come during working hours and your go to school then :) )

Maybe we shall both select a quiet place, away from home :) a FUN theme :) so broad ...

Ha Ha........Tranquility= 11.55pm -00.30am .... Bed Time For Grown ups*yes

Othertimes........... expect the unexpected:eek:

Chevvyf1
27th September 2012, 07:38 AM
Ha Ha........Tranquility= 11.55pm -00.30am .... Bed Time For Grown ups*yes

Othertimes........... expect the unexpected:eek:

Alan, I take "my Hat off to you" We "do kids x 6 or 8" 4 or 5 days a week but RARELY 24 hrs :eek: and NEVER 7 DAYS A WEEK :eek: :eek: :eek:

I shall be very interested in your own Tranquillity :)

ChrisW
3rd October 2012, 09:49 PM
Time is ticking away and so far there is one clear winner amongst …. the single entry received so far :eek:

Chevvyf1
4th October 2012, 06:55 AM
Oooh 'eck when is the deadline ?

ChrisW
4th October 2012, 08:11 AM
Oooh 'eck when is the deadline ?

Entries accepted until midnight 15 October 2012 ... get cracking Chevvy *yes

Chevvyf1
4th October 2012, 09:15 AM
Ok Chris :) thought of a shot - now just have to get it set up and CLICK the shutter :)

Chevvyf1
7th October 2012, 04:17 PM
Entries accepted until midnight 15 October 2012 ... get cracking Chevvy *yes

Chris, I am about to "Get Cracking" and hope to get my entry in before MIDNIGHT today :)

Hope this bump, prompts a few more entries now :) :D

ChrisW
10th October 2012, 08:48 AM
Six days left for the challenge and three entries received so far!

ChrisW
13th October 2012, 05:23 PM
Only two days left for everybody to compete in this challenge!

Six entries received so far.

Seonnaidh
14th October 2012, 11:25 AM
I'll sort something out this evening Chris.
Stand by!

Fearless Leader
14th October 2012, 05:11 PM
I've emailed my entry, looking forward to it!

Seonnaidh
14th October 2012, 05:55 PM
Image sent.

Janet
14th October 2012, 08:53 PM
Sent mine this afternoon....nearly missed it!

Janet

ChrisW
14th October 2012, 08:58 PM
Many thanks to all those who have sent entries so far.

As to the rest of you, don't be shy, you still have until midnight tomorrow to take your photo *yes

Please could you let me have your entries a.s.a.p. after this and I will post up the competition photos and the voting can start.

ChrisW
15th October 2012, 07:10 PM
11 very impressive entries received so far *chr

The rest of you still have 4 hours left to take your competition photo ... don't be shy!

Fearless Leader
15th October 2012, 07:13 PM
Top eleven position guaranteed for me then.... for now

ChrisW
15th October 2012, 07:29 PM
Top eleven position guaranteed for me then.... for now

You could be the one to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory *yes

Chevvyf1
16th October 2012, 07:42 AM
You could be the one to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory *yes

WoW ! 11 entries that may be a record here :) ... I can hardly wait to see them all :) :cool:

ChrisW
16th October 2012, 05:35 PM
There are now 14 photos which have been entered for the competition.

I'll collate and upload the photos later today *chr