PDA

View Full Version : Challenge #49 - Flight - results

Bikie John
24th September 2012, 09:03 AM
Thanks to the entrants for this challenge, and to all of you who voted. It's been interesting - I was a little disappointed to only receive 5 entries, but they were good ones.

The voting was extremely close, with first and second changing places with almost every vote that came in and the other entries getting healthy support as well. So here we go:

Winner is "Well hidden ... minimal need for flight" by ChrisW:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/Well_hidden_-_minimal_need_for_flight.jpg

In second place (by the smallest of whiskers) is "Tandem flight" by AndyM:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/P9083776.jpg

and not far behind in third was "My little girl's 1st flight" by dbutch:

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/1st_Flight.jpg

Congratulations Chris, over to you for the next one.

When I started this challenge, Sponner questioned the rule that entrants can vote for their own. At the time I said that we had always had this rule, and I was not really keen to change the rules on the fly as we had already started the challenge. On reflection I think Sponner has a point - some people are simply not comfortable voting for their own entries and I think it would be better to level the playing field and say that we shouldn't. I wonder if it would be a good change to make, starting with the next challenge. Since I suspect the rules get cut & pasted from one challenge to the next (as I did) that should guarantee it in perpetuity!

(I must point out that there was no possible irregularity in the voting for this one, and this rule would not have made any difference to the result.)

Thanks all for participating ... John

andym
24th September 2012, 09:09 AM
Well done Chris.

John

I've never been comfortable with voting for your own picture.I had a picture once when I ran the challenge that was clearly not very good but the submitter voted it 1st.
I think it's best we change the rule.*yes*yes

Bikie John
24th September 2012, 09:18 AM
I've been known to vote for mine but only when I really thought it stood up, and never put it first. And was a bit uncomfortable doing it. From odd bits of feedback I think quite a lot of us feel the same way. Maybe it has even put some people off entering, which would definitely be a shame.

Ciao ... John

ChrisW
24th September 2012, 10:52 AM
Thanks to everyone who voted for me *chr

I voted in the competition, not for myself, and my 3 points went to Andy for his two stunning dragonflies Ö I was sure that his photo would win.

As regards voting generally, I donít think that entrants should vote for their own photos.

Meantime Iíll have a think about the next competition.

Chevvyf1
24th September 2012, 01:12 PM
Well done to you all for getting organised and getting entries in :) all were brilliant :) and well done Bikie John for sticking with the Challange and prompting us, often :) :D

dbutch
24th September 2012, 04:37 PM
Well done Chris, how did you spot that one?

Thanks for running John

My view on the voting is I would be happy to see the vote for yourself dropped

Dave

ChrisW
24th September 2012, 08:28 PM
Well done Chris, how did you spot that one?

Luck ... being in the right place, at the right time.

We were out for an evening wander about Boness Castle and its beaches when my other half spotted the rabbit hiding up in the long grass at the back of the castle. He was all but invisible, and seemed quite content to be sitting there in the grass, enjoying the end of the day.