PDA

View Full Version : The 'floating' AF point ...

Footloose1949
23rd September 2012, 10:54 AM
I want to be able to 'Lock' the AF point permanently on the centre of the screen, so it doesn't 'float' around. Clever/useful as the feature of being able to move this point around is, I'd much prefer it to always stay where I want it to be. I know I can assign one of the buttons so that it relocates the AF to the centre point, but that is a waste of a button, which could be used on something more useful. maybe I'm just a 'traditionalist' stuck in my ways, preferring the 'old-fashioned' way of selectively focussing, but that's how I work, and this 'old dog' doesn't want to learn new tricks, plus the 'Devil I know, suits me better than the devil I don't understand'!! To give you lot some idea as to how stuck in my ways I happen to be, even with this camera, I've been known to use my old Weston Master V, because it provides Incident meter readings! I just wish someone would bring out a wireless incident meter head, that transmits the readings directly into the camera!

brian1208
23rd September 2012, 11:10 AM
I wish I could find that setting too, its one of the few real grumps I have with this camera

StephenL
23rd September 2012, 11:46 AM
Mine stays in one place unless I tell it otherwise. I have touch-screen off and the UP and RIGHT buttons assigned to specific functions, not movement. To move a point I first have to touch LEFT or DOWN button. Once I have moved a point, I can restore it to the middle by pressing and holding the CENTRE button while the green focus-point indicator is viewable.

David Morison
23rd September 2012, 02:26 PM
Not sure about this facility but since I disabled the touch screen (Oh I do hate them, absolutley no use to me whatsoever!) my focus point stays put. If I need to move it (that's never so far) I just OK the AF icon on the SCP and use the front and rear wheels to position the spot.

David