PDA

View Full Version : Did I imagine this?

Seonnaidh
22nd September 2012, 06:57 PM
I'm sure that somewhere I have read that there is a facility on the OMD where on realy long exposures you can watch the exposure building up on the rear screen via 'live view'.
Is this true or just another of my Laphroaig induced dreams?

Please help.

gregles
22nd September 2012, 06:59 PM
I read that they would be demonstrating this at the Oly stand at Photokina:)

Sounds fab to me*yes

Jim Ford
22nd September 2012, 07:30 PM
I've seen it mentioned in a post somewhere. It seems a fantastic facility!

Jim

PeteBoo
22nd September 2012, 07:35 PM
Turn dial to M, then turn main dial ( Top Right dial ) clock wise till you see on the rear screen LIVE TIME, press button and you will see picture start to develop, press again to stop. You also have LIVE BULB turn the dial back from Live Time to Live Bulb press and hold the shutter button, release when you want to stop the picture developing further

PeterBirder
22nd September 2012, 07:47 PM
There are some settings for this in the MENU, under Cogs E Exp/ISO. Page 89 of the manual covers this.
I have seen a video demonstrating this feature on You Tube but can't find the link at the moment.

Regards.*chr

Seonnaidh
22nd September 2012, 07:59 PM
Ahh great info, thanks lads.
Off for another Laphroaig.

gregles
22nd September 2012, 08:01 PM
Off for another Laphroaig.

Hope you remember where you left it;):D

Zuiko
22nd September 2012, 08:24 PM
I have tried it at home with the lights dimmed right down and it works a treat. It's not entirely live, the camera exposes in a series of steps, the length of which is user adjusable via the menu. At the end of each step the live view updates so you can see the image building. When it looks like it's had enough exposure just press the shutter again if using Live Time or stop pressing the shutter if using Live Bulb.

Live Bulb is obviously better if using an electronic cable release, Live Time if you're not. Now all I've got to do is try it in practice.

Graptolite
22nd September 2012, 08:58 PM
I have tried it at home with the lights dimmed right down and it works a treat....

I too have tried Laphroaig at home with the lights dimmed down and can confirm that it does indeed work a treat. ;)

*chr

bredman
22nd September 2012, 10:13 PM
just another of my Laphroaig induced dreams?

I'm an Ardbeg man myself. *chr

Zuiko
22nd September 2012, 10:13 PM
I too have tried Laphroaig at home with the lights dimmed down and can confirm that it does indeed work a treat. ;)

*chr

Suddenly I feel the need.....

I'm not supposed to drink with my medication, but I still have a bottle of Glen Moray that I received as a birthday present a few years back. Lacks the earthiness and character of the West Coast malts, but smooth as silk all the same. *chr

cinders
22nd September 2012, 11:05 PM
I like Glen Morey too - especially when our Sainsburys used to reduce it in price quite a bit!

OM USer
25th September 2012, 03:25 PM
I've a bottle of Bowmore's. What settings would you recommend?

Graptolite
25th September 2012, 03:35 PM
I've a bottle of Bowmore's. What settings would you recommend?

Recommended settings are: bum on comfy chair, feet on hearth, bottle to right hand, cork in bin. Glass optional. Ready for any eventuality now. *chr

brian1208
25th September 2012, 03:53 PM
I wish I hadn't got this far - about 10 years ago I discovered that I was allergic to some of the chemicals present in brewed alcohol and haven't been able to touch a drop since (not even Christmas Pudding with Brandy in!)

As a one time malt whisky lover its been a real bummer - I've still got a fine bottle of single malt my wife got me for my 60th Birthday, with about 80% of it untouched.

Oh well, have one for me chaps! *chr

Seonnaidh
25th September 2012, 05:03 PM
Where are you located Brian? We'll be over shortly!

brian1208
25th September 2012, 06:15 PM
A bit far for you to come for a wee dram but I can always post a picture of it here (then you can be as frustrated as I feel sometimes! :D )