PDA

View Full Version : Studio kit advice

brianvickers
20th September 2012, 08:01 PM
I'm thinking about buying a studio kit....for family (including the dog) and still lifes.
B&W Photography featured the Interfit EX150 (150W) and the Pro Line Apollo 180 Kit (180W).....can you recommend either of these?
Is 150 watts enough?
I there a better way to buy than one of the starter kits?

I see Jessops have the Interfit for 200 which sounds like a bargain.

dbutch
21st September 2012, 08:52 AM
If you are using in say your front room then 150 is probably fine
i started with some interfits 150/250 about 8 years ago went on to lastalites and now use Bowens 500's
the Bowens are definately a step up and i wish i had gone to them over the lastolites at that upgrade - found the lastolites would overheat on a session an i have had 2 burn out and also they went through a lot of modelling bulbs
the intrafit were fine for my use at the time, the model i had was discontinued a while back though so have no recent experience with them

Starter kits are fine and make sense, i do recommend getting a cheap wireless trigger if the kit doesn't come with one

Have fun;)

Dave

Chevvyf1
21st September 2012, 12:49 PM
If you are using in say your front room then 150 is probably fine
i started with some interfits 150/250 about 8 years ago went on to lastalites and now use Bowens 500's
the Bowens are definately a step up and i wish i had gone to them over the lastolites at that upgrade - found the lastolites would overheat on a session an i have had 2 burn out and also they went through a lot of modelling bulbs
the intrafit were fine for my use at the time, the model i had was discontinued a while back though so have no recent experience with them

Starter kits are fine and make sense, i do recommend getting a cheap wireless trigger if the kit doesn't come with one

Have fun;)

Dave

Brian, I have a few - and much prefer using the COOL LIGHT Bolbs - if you are about Winchester way tomorrow - my Playroom is set up your welcome to try them - bring your dog ? See the difference for yourself ? I have white backdrops hanging from the ceiling on rolls and a variety of others backdrops :)