PDA

View Full Version : Very Disappointed

ozzie
20th September 2012, 01:29 AM
I have been looking foward to Photokina as I was sure we would get some news for our 4/3 lens in the way of a new camera or adaptor for the pen/omd
Dosen't look like it now
:mad:

Stewart G
20th September 2012, 02:50 AM
Well, better to know you're an orphan than wonder where your ma and pa are all the time. If Olympus misses this chance to make a 650, or 50, or 7, in the E series line up, they'll have their own page in that history book, I think.
I was hiking in the brush today with my 510 and I had this thought: if Oly had released the OMD and an e-650 simultaneously, with similar specs but differing lens mounts, which would have been more popular?

David Morison
20th September 2012, 06:54 AM
Most members already know my feelings on this. I have over 10 grand's worth of 4/3rds lenses/converters/extenders etc. that as far as I can see have a limited life now. OK the E5 is brilliant, but without a replacement with an uprated E-M5 type sensor and video capabilities it will soon become a dinosaur.

If news doesn't come soon then my choices of a way forward are severely limited - surely Olympus won't let so many of us down?

David

tomphotofx
20th September 2012, 07:27 AM
I thought Olympus had already made a press announcement on 17th Aug about a new 4/3 body in development to take advantage of the High Quality lenses.

Olympus working on new body for top-pro lenses
Akira Watanabe, manager of Olympus Imaging's SLR planning department, confirmed today that the company is definitely working on a body to deliver the focusing performance expected by users of the Top Pro lens series like the ground breaking 90-250 f2.8 fixed aperture zoom.

Watanabe has been delighted with the success of the OM-D which has pushed the boundaries of performance for system cameras but acknowledged that it did not deliver with the legacy high end lenses from the E-System. Whilst further information were not forthcoming, he was keen to emphasise that Olympus is actively developing a solution and will announce more details in due course.

Tom

Zuiko
20th September 2012, 08:22 AM
I thought Olympus had already made a press announcement on 17th Aug about a new 4/3 body in development to take advantage of the High Quality lenses.

Olympus working on new body for top-pro lenses
Akira Watanabe, manager of Olympus Imaging's SLR planning department, confirmed today that the company is definitely working on a body to deliver the focusing performance expected by users of the Top Pro lens series like the ground breaking 90-250 f2.8 fixed aperture zoom.

Watanabe has been delighted with the success of the OM-D which has pushed the boundaries of performance for system cameras but acknowledged that it did not deliver with the legacy high end lenses from the E-System. Whilst further information were not forthcoming, he was keen to emphasise that Olympus is actively developing a solution and will announce more details in due course.

Tom

Exactly. No mention of having something ready for Photokina was made in that statement. Indeed, if Olympus were so close to launching such a camera that statement would not have been necessary. The fact is, Olympus are officially working on bringing to market a suitable E-5 replacement and the E-5 itself is still well within the timescales for an upgrade to the E-x series.

Roy Clarke
20th September 2012, 08:30 AM
We have been here before!

"OlympusUK 17 August

We would like to clarify some of the recent news. Olympus has not issued a press release but have made a statement at a recent meeting saying:

"A new camera is under study in order to optimize the Four Thirds lenses""

"The fact is, Olympus are officially working on bringing to market a suitable E-5 replacement and the E-5 itself is still well within the timescales for an upgrade to the E-x series."

There is no confirmation of this