PDA

View Full Version : m.Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 Macro sample image to download

Ian
18th September 2012, 04:40 PM
Here you are:

http://fourthirds-user.com/files/download/_9180015.JPG (JPEG)

http://fourthirds-user.com/files/download/_9180015.ORF (RAW)

Shot @f/2.8

Please note that these files are Copyright Ian Burley - by all means let people know about this download on other sites, but please don't post links to the files on other sites - please send them to this page. I will remove the files if lots of downloads are detected directly from other site links!

The shot is, I think, not bad considering I had no tripod and the lighting was poor. The circular bokeh disc shape is nicely preserved near the corner of the frame. :)

Ian

Ian
18th September 2012, 09:50 PM
Any feedback?

Ian

IainMacD
18th September 2012, 10:30 PM
There is a serious amount of detail in that shot, very impressive considering the lighting and handheld.

Will it fit my E-5? :D

Graham_of_Rainham
18th September 2012, 11:05 PM
Very impressive. What's it like as a short tele, using it at f4.5 *???

Obviously my thoughts are for use as a tight crop portrait lens.

Thanks

Ross the fiddler
19th September 2012, 12:13 AM

Thanks

I'd like to know its short tele advantages, qualities too as I'm sure it would be a lovely lens for portrait use too.

This photo of the watch is really impressive for the conditions & lighting etc. I am definitely putting this lens on my wish list (a telephoto zoom will probably be first).

Ian, I would like to know how well it AF's on small subjects (with the E-M5) such as a fly or ant etc. at 1:1 or 1:2. Does it give consistantly good & fast focus with that use?

OlyPaul
19th September 2012, 06:44 AM

Thanks

I'd be more interested at what it's like at f2.8 as that is the eqiuvalent of f4.5 on full frame and a ideal dof for head and shoulder portraits.

Greytop
19th September 2012, 08:01 AM
An impressive example, thanks very much for posting this Ian.

StephenL
19th September 2012, 09:58 AM
Just put this through Lightroom, and it's a very impressive, sharp, image with wonderful bokeh. Thanks for posting, Ian. Was this taken using autofocus?

Wee man
19th September 2012, 10:52 AM
Very impressive.

Greytop
19th September 2012, 02:17 PM
Temptation was too much, my name's down for one :)

StephenL
19th September 2012, 02:22 PM
From whom? :)

OlyPaul
19th September 2012, 02:45 PM
Very nice Ian, and considering it was overexposed the amount of detail in the raw image that I pulled out of it with CaptureOne including all the highlight detail was amazing !

It's definatley on my I want list, including that Sony sensor be it in a Pen or OMD.:)

Greytop
19th September 2012, 02:57 PM
From whom? :)

Our friends at SRS have it up for an early October delivery.

jamsa
19th September 2012, 04:16 PM
I want one..!! Affording it the only hurdle! lol

Ross the fiddler
19th September 2012, 10:16 PM

And you'll show us all up with some more fantastic macro shots like you did with the Sigma lens. ;) :D

I'm afraid that I might give into temptation sooner than intended too. :o

*ohwell

brianvickers
19th September 2012, 10:46 PM
This is seriously interesting....I assume its selling point is macro......but if thats not what you do then how do you choose between this and the 75mm.....and why is it a lot cheaper than the 75? Its also sealed better than the 75.
Am I missing something?

Ross the fiddler
19th September 2012, 11:24 PM
This is seriously interesting....I assume its selling point is macro......but if thats not what you do then how do you choose between this and the 75mm.....and why is it a lot cheaper than the 75? Its also sealed better than the 75.
Am I missing something?

Don't tell everybody until I've bought mine. :p :D

The 75mm is a f1.8 lens & the glass is large by comparison. Large quality glass usually means large cost.

Greytop
19th September 2012, 11:57 PM
And you'll show us all up with some more fantastic macro shots like you did with the Sigma lens. ;) :D

I'm afraid that I might give into temptation sooner than intended too. :o

*ohwell

You're too kind Ross :D
Actually I'm hoping it will get me posting more... or at least capturing some macro images worthy of posting :)

StephenL
20th September 2012, 07:08 AM
Yes, I'm torn between the two. That's not to say I can afford either ....