PDA

View Full Version : My first commission

Adam Easton
15th September 2012, 11:52 AM
I have got my first commission to photograph a wedding next Saturday. I had a great meeting with the bride and groom last night and went thought the shoot list. They seem to be relaxed and up for some fun. I am just hoping for some fine weather so I can use the garden areas I am still feeling cool:cool: but I am sure butterfly's will kick in soon:eek:

Chevvyf1
15th September 2012, 12:21 PM
Great News Adam ! I shall be looking forward to seeing some of your magnificant shots :D What is the venue ? Church ? Registry office ? Train ? or ??? :eek:

Adam Easton
15th September 2012, 12:39 PM
Its at the local Registry office. There is some nice Gardens there and then on to Overstone Manor for a "bit of a do" I have been there for a good look around. It is quite low key with just 50 guests.

Adam Easton
15th September 2012, 12:43 PM
Great News Adam ! I shall be looking forward to seeing some of your magnificant shots :D What is the venue ? Church ? Registry office ? Train ? or ??? :eek:

I think magnificent may be over optimistic:D

Bikie John
15th September 2012, 12:44 PM
Good luck Adam. You've done your prep and know your way round your kit so you should be fine.

Ciao ... John

Benedict
15th September 2012, 02:42 PM
I have got my first commission to photograph a wedding next Saturday. I had a great meeting with the bride and groom last night and went thought the shoot list. They seem to be relaxed and up for some fun. I am just hoping for some fine weather so I can us the garden areas I am still feeling cool:cool: but I am sure butterfly's will kick in soon:eek:

Your first wedding and the butterflies haven't started already :eek: -- good luck and I hope the weather keeps dry for you.

Chevvyf1
15th September 2012, 03:18 PM
I think magnificent may be over optimistic:D

I dont think so :) ... looking at lots of superb images in your Flickr :D

Adam Easton
15th September 2012, 03:33 PM
Your first wedding and the butterflies haven't started already :eek: -- good luck and I hope the weather keeps dry for you.

I am fooling no one!

Adam Easton
15th September 2012, 03:34 PM
I dont think so :) ... looking at lots of superb images in your Flickr :D

Thank you:)

sponner
15th September 2012, 10:01 PM
good luck (braver man than I !)

Zuiko
15th September 2012, 11:01 PM
Congratulations Adam. *chr

Nick Temple-Fry
15th September 2012, 11:13 PM
Adam

I'm sure you'll do well.

Having done my first wedding, albeit paid on the Uncle Scale, I can only offer a little advice.

Concentrate on getting the shots, carry enough cards and batteries, have both cameras ready with different character lenses (long/wide),Shoot raw and vary the exposure compensation (the histogram on the taken shot is a great clue).

White dresses - especially in sunlight, blow the exposure range. So AEL lock (if the camera offers it) and spot metering might be your friend.

But basically use what you know and just take lots of pictures.

Nick

Phill D
16th September 2012, 06:10 AM
You are much braver than me as well. I've watched wedding pros and they definitely earn their money. Good luck from me too.

Adam Easton
19th September 2012, 08:59 PM
Adam

I'm sure you'll do well.

Having done my first wedding, albeit paid on the Uncle Scale, I can only offer a little advice.

Concentrate on getting the shots, carry enough cards and batteries, have both cameras ready with different character lenses (long/wide),Shoot raw and vary the exposure compensation (the histogram on the taken shot is a great clue).

White dresses - especially in sunlight, blow the exposure range. So AEL lock (if the camera offers it) and spot metering might be your friend.

But basically use what you know and just take lots of pictures.

Nick

Thanks for some great advice

Adam Easton
19th September 2012, 09:16 PM
Well, the 50-200mm arrived today so I was out in the garden getting the run of the lens (Its lovely), so I will have my 14-54mm on my E450 and the 50-200mm on the E520 but things may get switched around as I do like the shot cut keys to the ISO, metering and AF on the E520 All my cards will be checked, battery charged and my shoot notes printed.

Two days to the big day and I am not the one getting married!:D