PDA

View Full Version : 40-150 autofocus motor.....

Phil Angel
12th September 2012, 05:02 PM
Hi folks,
i am after a bit of advice regarding the above lens.
I have just got myself a lovely E520 with the above lens and am very happy with them.
The lens focuses correctly,but the motor is a bit noisy.Is this normal on this lens or is there any maintainance (e.g lubrication) required.I am not too bothered about it but if it's a solvable problem i would like to do so.

Thanks

Phil

Stewart G
12th September 2012, 07:31 PM
No, there's no servicing I'm aware of. The noise, at least on the mkII version, should be louder than the 14-42, i.e., loud enough to be heard ten feet away in a quiet room, but certainly not so loud as, say, the 70-300. One of the nice things about this lens is that it can be replaced cheaply, if needed.

Phil Angel
12th September 2012, 07:36 PM
No, there's no servicing I'm aware of. The noise, at least on the mkII version, should be louder than the 14-42, i.e., loud enough to be heard ten feet away in a quiet room, but certainly not so loud as, say, the 70-300. One of the nice things about this lens is that it can be replaced cheaply, if needed.

thanks Stewart....the noise is not obtrusive enough to warrent changing it,and the image quality is terrific.I suppose being an engineer if i hear something making a mechanical noise it must need lubricating !!! lol