PDA

View Full Version : OMD on it's way.

Seonnaidh
10th September 2012, 09:30 PM
This morning I sent off a load of kit in PX to SRS.
Hopefully I will have the OMD here by the time I go down to Birmingham for the UPP annual bunfight.
If I do I might get chance to give it a very brief airing in Glencoe.
getting excited now!
I must say a huge thank you to SRS especially Matt and Daniel who have been very patient and given me excellent service.

I think both of them have switched from Nikon D7000 to OMD E5's themselves.
Must say something.

Greytop
10th September 2012, 09:53 PM
Congratulations :)
Which glass have you ear-marked?

brian1208
10th September 2012, 10:22 PM
Its an exciting transition, sadness to see your old favourite kit going but anticipation for when the new arrives - have fun learning to get the best from it

brianvickers
11th September 2012, 09:59 AM
I think you will love the OM-D...I switched from Canon 50D and f4 L lenses and I'm enjoying photography so much more...with no degradation in quality of images.
It will be interesting to see the outcomes of Olympus' challenge to DSLR users a Photokina where they are challenged to compare.....I suspect only top 'pro' DSLRs will come out better.

Seonnaidh
11th September 2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks gents.
I must admit to a feeling of great excitement over my new acqusition.
I have to go to Birmingham very Early Friday so I am desperately hoping it will be here by then.
I'm getting the 12-50mm 'kit' lens because it seems to be a good bargain when bought with the camera body. The Panny 45-200mm, and the Oly 45mm f1.8.
I'm hoping that in a few weeks I will be in a position to get either the Oly 12mm or the Oly 75mm. I would prefer them in black but as my grandad 'Big Jock' used to say
"A good dug is nee'r the wrang colour"

Seonnaidh
18th September 2012, 06:55 PM
It's arrived!
Got home this evening to find a parcel full of goodies waiting patiently for me to open it.
Just charging the battery now.
feel cheated that there is just a very basic printed manual.
I hate using DVD type manuals.
Oh well off to play.

ayewing
18th September 2012, 07:14 PM
Congratulations! I am sure that you will have a lot of fun as well as a certain amount of frustration setting it up to your liking. Like you I dislike manuals on disk. I ended up by printing it out. Although it is fairly comprehensive it is by no means user friendly.

Fortunately there is quite a lot of help available on-line. When DPReview published their review of the OM-D they added a very helpful guide to setting it up.

StephenL
18th September 2012, 07:44 PM
The one good thing about having the manual on screen is that it's easy(er) to search - once you've mastered Olympuses terminology.

Someone like you will master it in no time and be giving the rest of us M5ers lessons!