PDA

View Full Version : 7th E-group Photo Challenge - Geometry

Ellie
4th July 2008, 09:51 PM
Hi All,

here we go with the 7th e-Group Photo Challenge, the subject of which will be "Geometry". Interpret it any way you like.

I've copied the rules from the last competition, the dates I've chosen are a bit odd because I'm not going to be at home for the next three weeks, although I might be able to get near a computer to check mail.

The challenge will be open to all members of e-group www site. Pictures should be taken (dated in EXIF) between Saturday 5th July and Tuesday 29th July. To be with me by Midnight on 30th July please.

Voting will start 31st July and will close at midnight on 3rd August. I hope that'll be enough time for voting, if not it can be extended.

I will announce the winner as quickly as possible after that, so there can be an other challenge during the summer holidays.

The rules, as usual, are listed below. Anyone submitting pictures that do not comply with the rules will be informed of this, and will be asked to resubmit the picture in compliance with the rules. If this doesn't happen, I'm afraid the picture will not be included/uploaded for judging.

The Rules

1. Please feel free to submit a picture that matches the nominated theme (in this case – "Geometry") that must have been taken between 5th July and 29th July (including both of these dates).

2. You must be the photographer who created the picture in order to enter the challenge, and all entries must be visibly anonymous and should be sent to the challenge organiser. You must indicate (a) your real name and (b) your e-group forum name in the email. Any entries with watermarks or that are not clearly identifiable won't be entered into the challenge. (this makes it easier to organise)

3. Entries to the challenge :- a. Should contain no watermarks, distinguishing effects and no borders
b. Must be jpg format and no more than 800 px on the longest edge
c. Must have been taken on an Olympus E-Series camera
d. Must have all EXIF data included.4. You need to be registered on e-group.uk.net forums to qualify for entry into the challenge.

5. Only one entry permitted per challenge please. But if you want to withdraw an entry or replace it with another that's OK, you must make it clear in an email to the challenge organiser before the closing date, also ensure the email contains clear instructions and (if required) your replacement picture.

6. Pictures to be included in this 7th Challenge must arrive in my inbox before midnight on Wednesday 30th July. This allows 24 hours for you to process and submit any pictures you may have taken on 29th.

Good luck to everyone. I look forward to seeing your interpretation of the theme.

Ellie

Scapula Memory
4th July 2008, 09:59 PM
Great subject challenge...got me thinking already!

ianc
6th July 2008, 10:19 AM
What a fantastic subject*clap. So many possibilities.

Ian C.

Who's_E
6th July 2008, 10:23 AM
Oooer, that sounds like a maths lesson ;)

Good subject.

Ellie
6th July 2008, 10:18 PM
Oooer, that sounds like a maths lesson ;)
:eek: Yikes! That's a scarey memory!

Hope you enjoy the challenge. ;)

Barr1e
7th July 2008, 02:15 PM
Test backfired - sorry.

Regards. Barr1e

ianc
23rd July 2008, 07:09 PM
I just thought I'd push this back up the board as we've not got long to get in our entries.

Ian C.

Barr1e
23rd July 2008, 08:10 PM
Hi Ian -

With so much activity on the site this evening I thought I'd push it up too.

Have you folks got your entry in yet?

Regards. Barr1e

Garrie
24th July 2008, 07:54 PM
Entry sent *chr

snaarman
24th July 2008, 08:33 PM
Entry sent !
Pete

Barr1e
26th July 2008, 09:24 PM
Not long to go.

Regards. Barr1e

Susan
27th July 2008, 08:48 PM
Entry in :D

E-P1 fan
28th July 2008, 06:17 AM
Entry sent (I hope!) :eek:

and pm to Ellie re EXIF data

Who's_E
28th July 2008, 12:32 PM
Entry sent (a few days ago).

Nick

shirley
28th July 2008, 05:37 PM
My entry sent
Shirley

Paddy
31st July 2008, 09:54 AM
Yes, I put my entry in about 10days ago-I hope!

Paddy.

Ellie
4th August 2008, 12:55 PM
Hi,

I'm really sorry about the delay in sorting this out. We got home safely only to find the computer had died of loneliness.

We've managed to sort out a temporary fix by removing a stick of memory from inside the case. I haven't a clue what might be wrong, but at least it's working although it's quite temperamental and doesn't like being online. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Some lovely entries, I think you'll have a hard time voting for them, but not all have arrived properly, they're just a jumble of code. I've no idea why or how it's happened. Could you please check your emails to see if you've got one from me and, if necessary, send another copy of your picture as quickly as possible.

Thanks. :)

andym
4th August 2008, 01:07 PM
Hi,

I'm really sorry about the delay in sorting this out. We got home safely only to find the computer had died of loneliness.

We've managed to sort out a temporary fix by removing a stick of memory from inside the case. I haven't a clue what might be wrong, but at least it's working although it's quite temperamental and doesn't like being online. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Some lovely entries, I think you'll have a hard time voting for them, but not all have arrived properly, they're just a jumble of code. I've no idea why or how it's happened. Could you please check your emails to see if you've got one from me and, if necessary, send another copy of your picture as quickly as possible.

Thanks. :)

Ellie

Just resent my entry as I did not get a return mail from you.

Computers are a pain but we would not be without them:confused:

Thanks

Ellie
4th August 2008, 02:12 PM
Ellie

Just resent my entry as I did not get a return mail from you.

Computers are a pain but we would not be without them :confused:

Thanks
Thanks for that :)

With a bit of luck everybody should now have had an email from me confirming that their picture has come through OK.

Please let me know if you haven't received one, because it'll mean there's something up with my mail as well as with the computer.

You're right, computers are an absolute boon, it's only when they don't work properly that we realise how much we rely on them.

E-P1 fan
4th August 2008, 03:02 PM
Did you get mine Ellie? - and my pm
Yep - thanks for the pm and the info - I've replied to it