PDA

View Full Version : A Clue As To Why I'm So Enamoured By The E-M5

Zuiko
5th September 2012, 11:41 PM
Why am I so enamoured by the E-M5? Could the answer be HERE? (http://johnperriment.zenfolio.com/p989124196)

Bill Gordon
6th September 2012, 12:01 AM
I do believe John that you are really in love with your new girl-friend!! I also like your presentation in Zenfolio....a great medium for our hobby...that is where my images rest as well. You are a great photographer and I am proud to say that we are friends even though we only spent one day in the lake at Epping a couple of years ago and then this year in London. Keep up the good work and you will forget about your "other problems".....the past is the past and the future is the beginning of another opportunity for you to capture and show your talent!

Best wishes
Old Bill

Zuiko
6th September 2012, 07:51 AM
I do believe John that you are really in love with your new girl-friend!! I also like your presentation in Zenfolio....a great medium for our hobby...that is where my images rest as well. You are a great photographer and I am proud to say that we are friends even though we only spent one day in the lake at Epping a couple of years ago and then this year in London. Keep up the good work and you will forget about your "other problems".....the past is the past and the future is the beginning of another opportunity for you to capture and show your talent!

Best wishes
Old Bill

Hi Bill,

Yes, we've only met twice but I'm so pleased we did. Your enthusiasm for our country should be an inspiration to us all and you have a wealth of photographic experience. I've been looking at your Zenfolio and you have a great collection!

OM USer
6th September 2012, 09:55 AM
John,
I too have switched from OM4Ti to EM-5, finding more similarities than differences in how the camera feels in my hands. Although I have the F280 high speed flash I always preferred the T32 and T20 with the TTL OTF metering - truly a first. One note on the shutter speed ring around the lens mount. The click stops on the shutter speed ring (on the camera) and on the aperture setting ring (on the zuiko lenses) were matched; so if you turned both one click stop you retained the same exposure setting. So easy to do with the camera up to your eye.

Zuiko
7th September 2012, 10:55 AM
John,
I too have switched from OM4Ti to EM-5, finding more similarities than differences in how the camera feels in my hands. Although I have the F280 high speed flash I always preferred the T32 and T20 with the TTL OTF metering - truly a first. One note on the shutter speed ring around the lens mount. The click stops on the shutter speed ring (on the camera) and on the aperture setting ring (on the zuiko lenses) were matched; so if you turned both one click stop you retained the same exposure setting. So easy to do with the camera up to your eye.

Many people considered it strange to have the shutter speed ring around the lens mount but I always found it very logical, for the reason you gave. :)