PDA

View Full Version : 50% off CS3

ewan
3rd July 2008, 07:46 PM
For anyone interested Adobe have anounced 50% off Photoshop CS3.
The offer might only apply to those with Elements though.
try this link;
http://mail.adobe-direct.com/v?xJnqcnnElqcJTPJl

B.P.S Studios
3rd July 2008, 08:06 PM
They had this offer a couple of months ago, I got CS-3 FOR 395.00EUR a steal.It doesn't matter if you have Elements or not. If any of you don,t have CS3 GO FOR IT NOW! while you can.

Barr1e
3rd July 2008, 08:11 PM
For anyone interested Adobe have anounced 50% off Photoshop CS3.
The offer might only apply to those with Elements though.
try this link;
http://mail.adobe-direct.com/v?xJnqcnnElqcJTPJl

Thanks Ewan -

I would like this program.

However, using the link they want considerably more than the other side of the pond. They are asking 487.62 to upgrade from Elements 5. I would rather put that sort of money to an E-3.

I found this link interesting: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/05/pay_twice_you_wish/.

Thanks for the link and news though.

Regards. Barr1e

gno
3rd July 2008, 08:43 PM
Hi All,

The educational version of CS3 is considerably cheaper if you qualify. There are a number of methods and ways according to this link http://www.adobe.com/uk/education/products/photoshopextended/

Regards

Gavin

Ian
3rd July 2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks Ewan -

I would like this program.

However, using the link they want considerably more than the other side of the pond. They are asking 487.62 to upgrade from Elements 5. I would rather put that sort of money to an E-3.

I found this link interesting: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/05/pay_twice_you_wish/.

Thanks for the link and news though.

Regards. Barr1e

Hi Barr1e, my advice is to get Lightroom and, if you feel the need, to upgrade to Elements 6.0 - much cheaper all round and, I feel, more useful.

Ian

B.P.S Studios
3rd July 2008, 10:26 PM
Are you sure thats right Barrie? I just looked at the link and the price for the full version no upgrade is 284.00 ex vat. Lightroom is a good option if your using windows but if your a Mac user I'd go for Aperture 10 times better.

Paulpp
4th July 2008, 06:56 AM
Like you I got confused over the full price of 284 and the upgrade price from Elements of 487 - doesn't make sense. I have e-mailed Adobe but no response as yet.
I agree Aperture is fantastic for the Mac (although always a matter of taste) but still find I need CS2 (would rather it was CS3) for some adjustments.

Barr1e
4th July 2008, 07:06 AM
Are you sure thats right Barrie? I just looked at the link and the price for the full version no upgrade is 284.00 ex vat. Lightroom is a good option if your using windows but if your a Mac user I'd go for Aperture 10 times better.

Thanks for that.

I have just followed the link and the price you mention is shown. Last evening when looking at the website the price posted was as mentioned in my earlier post. That makes it look much more attractive.

I think Ian's suggestion re Elements 6 is a more likely package as Anne, I think, wants to dip her toe into pp so she has more of a gradual learning curve.

Thanks again and to Ewan too.

Regards. Barr1e

Paulpp
4th July 2008, 07:24 AM
I agree the full price is shown as 284, but the advert says 50% off as an Elements upgrade - perhaps 50% off = 284? If it was the 163 given as the upgrade price from CS2 I would be very interested.

Nick Temple-Fry
4th July 2008, 07:28 AM
Ahh - but it is 100% off for The GIMP - no expiry date for that offer!

Nick

HughofBardfield
4th July 2008, 10:05 AM
I agree Aperture is fantastic for the Mac (although always a matter of taste) but still find I need CS2 (would rather it was CS3) for some adjustments.

I think you will always need a proper image editing software alongside Aperture or Lightroom. The LR2 Beta suggests the new version will eat further into Photoshop territory, but it'll still be needed for fine tuning.

As Nick points out though, The GIMP can save you an awful lot of money...

OlyPaul
4th July 2008, 06:09 PM
The full price is 284, the possible reason for this is that CS4 is soon due for release and they are shelf clearing which strangley enough would mean it would be cheaper to buy this and upgrade to CS4 when it comes out. The suspicious side of me cannot help wondering if CS4 will come in cheaper than Adobes usall price and hence the give away price for CS3...its not like Adobe to be this generous. ;)

sapper
4th July 2008, 08:42 PM
Lightroom and Aperture ARE proper image editing tools:D
Admitted, I do sometimes use Elements 4, but not often, for dodging and burning which LR2 Beta will do.

I think you will always need a proper image editing software alongside Aperture or Lightroom. The LR2 Beta suggests the new version will eat further into Photoshop territory, but it'll still be needed for fine tuning.

As Nick points out though, The GIMP can save you an awful lot of money...

Barr1e
4th July 2008, 09:25 PM
Well this morning it was shown at a lower price - this evening it has changed to the price I mentioned yesterday evening. It seems the price changes the time of day it is (lol).
http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/500/CS3.JPG (http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6575)

Regards. Barr1e

OlyPaul
5th July 2008, 08:37 AM
Barrie thats because you are clicking on the upgrade link, just click on the full price one and you get the 284 at least it worked for me yesterday from another link and no I did not buy :).

Edit..I just pressed the buy button could not resist.:eek:;)

Barr1e
5th July 2008, 08:55 AM
Paul -

Thanks - I have just re-visited the site and now when clicking the link and trying to purchase (I'm not either) it says I have already used the promotional code - they've cookied me!

If they are updating the program it is possible the reseller(s) will be offering CS3 cheaper than Adobe now.

Have a great weekend.

Regards. Barr1e

shenstone
5th July 2008, 08:59 AM
I took a look yesterday from work and saw the 284 price but didn't have a credit card about my person

This morning @ home all I get is "Error - the promotion code you entered has already been used"

Presumably they were overwhemed and realised there was a problem

Gutted

Regards
Andy

OlyPaul
5th July 2008, 09:23 AM
Well I just brought mine..yes I succumbed! Shenstone you will need a valid Adobe account to take advantage of the offer and you have to access the offer through your adobe account, so you may need to sign up first.

gphemy
28th July 2008, 07:44 PM
The 50% off offer is still valid, and does not require any prequalification except that you claim to have Elements. All you have to do is to order by phone from Adobe quoting the offer code as on the webpage originally posted. The online click-to-order facility will *not* work.

" To order by phone, call 0800 0280148, press Option 1 and mention
the promotion code: 3HAE"

Quoting that code seems to be sufficient to qualify for the 50% discount - I was not asked to prove that I own a registered copy of Elements.

Offer expires at the end of this month - Thursday!

Oh and CS4 is due in September....

StephenL
28th July 2008, 08:07 PM
Quoting that code seems to be sufficient to qualify for the 50% discount - I was not asked to prove that I own a registered copy of Elements.

You may find you need to input an Elements serial number when you install.:(

Oh and CS4 is due in September....
Groan - -not ANOTHER Adobe update of dubious benefit! *zzz
Yes, I already own CS3 and have had every update since v7, the sucker I am *yes

gphemy
30th July 2008, 05:02 PM
There is *no* check on whether you already own Elements - no check at time of order, no check on installation, no check on activation. No need to enter an Elements serial number, no need to have Elements installed before installing Photoshop.

shenstone
31st July 2008, 07:49 PM
There is *no* check on whether you already own Elements - no check at time of order, no check on installation, no check on activation. No need to enter an Elements serial number, no need to have Elements installed before installing Photoshop.

Phew ... Information spotted just in time !

I've joined the ranks of the standardised and can look forward to reading mags without feeling teed off that all the example instructions are written in some strange dialect that I have to translate into one or another of the various things I use ... Trouble is I have so much to unlearn.

Regards
Andy