PDA

View Full Version : Clematis Cottage

StephenL
3rd July 2008, 11:56 AM
Created using E-510 with 7-14mm @ 7mm. Processed purely in ACR4.5 with effects provided by a Wow! plug-in.
Suggestions for a better title especially welcomed! :D

http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/data/506/e-510-86648_1clematis.jpg

Nick Temple-Fry
3rd July 2008, 02:25 PM
I like it - but I'm not sure if this is the best treatment of the subject. There is an awful lot of gloomy space behind/around the central flower which means my eyes really don't have anywhere to go,

I wonder if a bit more extreme/idealised image lightening up some of the green and giving a hefty punch of colour to some of the smaller flowerheads might work. Sort of HDR/tone mapped.

Just musing really

Nick

Rod Souter
3rd July 2008, 03:08 PM
Perhaps calling it Honeysuckle Cottage?:D

Rod

StephenL
3rd July 2008, 03:14 PM
FWIW the place's real name is Geordies Bothy, but I've no idea who Geordie was! But there's certainly no Geordies round the door!

lurksalot
3rd July 2008, 05:37 PM
No Clematis either by the look of it :D

StephenL
4th July 2008, 06:49 AM
Oops :o
That's why I'm not Head Gardener! :D

Steve Lane
4th July 2008, 09:43 AM
Nice shot! It reminds of the 'zoom burst' technique that seemed popular back in the '80's.
Cheers, Steve.

Malcolm Cousins
6th July 2008, 09:10 PM
It's a very nice shot and draws the attention immediately. The colours are nice and rich with a good degree of sharpness. Don't know why you put the subject smack in the centre but it seems to work.:)

StephenL
7th July 2008, 06:44 AM
It's the rebel in me - breaking the rule of thirds ;)

Don't know why you put the subject smack in the centre but it seems to work.:)

Graham_of_Rainham
7th July 2008, 09:02 AM
With such a creative lens you simply have to cast all "rules" to the wind and go for it in a completely different way.

Good idea but I have to agree the "gloomyness" is off putting.

Graham