PDA

View Full Version : HELP! New member saying hello and need card adapter

brocherboy
29th August 2012, 03:35 PM
Hello everyone really looking forward to chatting and hopefully getting some help,
Just moved away from the point and shoot camera and after reading reveiws decided to purchase a evolt e-510 as an entry level DSLR
Have to say i aint been disapointed with ease of use and photo's,but can anyone help me i need the xd card adapter for this camera for panorama photo's and cant find the MACF-10 MACF-10U ??
Any help look forward to chatting (and getting tips/help lol)

al_kaholik
29th August 2012, 04:45 PM
Ditch the cd cards and use compact flash instead. Adapters are cheap, though be careful with he pins and you'll see an increased transfer speed most likely :) welcome to the fold (from a reasonably newbe myself!

Wally
29th August 2012, 04:58 PM
*waveWelcome aboard.

I used the xd card as a back-up and for the the panorama feature, but as has been said CF are probably faster and have a much greater capacity although, having said that, be careful what size you choose. When one goes down you can lose one heck of a lot of data.

As for the transfer of data from the camera to a PC, this is normally done with the card(s) in the camera using the supplied s/w?

However, if a card reader is required for whatever reason, paste this into Amazon - Memory Card Reader SD MMC Mobile SDHC M2 TF XD CF - just about covers all the bases but won't take the kitchen sink. ;-)

brocherboy
29th August 2012, 05:23 PM
Thank you guys for your reply's and the welcome :) Sorry if i expressed it wrong but,,,,
i have a 4gb cf card installed,but camera wont let me take panorama pics unless xd card is installed ??(tells me to install xd card)
i can buy the xd card but i cant find the adapter needed to go into the camera
thanks for the tip on transfer

BobS
29th August 2012, 05:31 PM
Thank you guys for your reply's and the welcome :) Sorry if i expressed it wrong but,,,,
i have a 4gb cf card installed,but camera wont let me take panorama pics unless xd card is installed ??(tells me to install xd card)

The E-510 has a slot for the xd card!

Wally
29th August 2012, 05:34 PM

As far as I'm aware, the 2Gb xd +m card is the only card with the panorama feature. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. You would need to change from one to the other via the menu system and both cards can be 'in camera' there's no need to take one out.

As I said earlier I used the xd mainly as a back-up/overflow. Air shows can easily eat a small capacity card for breakfast using the spray and pray technique.

brocherboy
29th August 2012, 05:48 PM
The E-510 has a slot for the xd card
yes

AH thankyou wally that makes sense now

al_kaholik
29th August 2012, 05:53 PM
Just take the pictures, store them on the CF and use a program on the computer to combine them into a pano. Cheaper, easier and more control :)

throt
29th August 2012, 06:00 PM
Wally I doubt that it's only with 2GB cards as had the feature ages ago with 64MB card on a compact camera - the limitation is Oly on the label. On E system I have tried this feature with E520 and 1GB xD but realized that I was missing tripod and haven't tried it after that (even thou now I own a tripod). Other possibility is to go full manual and patch the images up in some program.

As for topic author welcome to the club and I'd suggest getting hang on the "A" and "S" modes - you will get even happier. "A" for controlling DoF and "S" for motion blur.

brocherboy
29th August 2012, 06:03 PM
(quote AL)Just take the pictures, store them on the CF and use a program on the computer to combine them into a pano. Cheaper, easier and more control
Just found that option on olympus master 2 *chr

(QUOTE THROT)
As for topic author welcome to the club and I'd suggest getting hang on the "A" and "S" modes - you will get even happier. "A" for controlling DoF and "S" for motion blur.
Thankyou tried the S mode at weekend for motorsport but need some practice !