PDA

View Full Version : Colour problems Should I upgrade!!!!

iggoo
26th August 2012, 09:35 AM
Hi All Could anyone tell me if the colour issues with olympus have been solved now on the E5. regards Iggoo.

Jim Ford
26th August 2012, 09:44 AM
Errm - what colour issues?

Jim

Chevvyf1
26th August 2012, 10:12 AM
I have E-5 over a year and NO COLOUR issues :eek:
Its a brilliant camera and extracts the most amazing extra detail from Zuiko glass

David M
26th August 2012, 12:45 PM
No they haven't, you'd better buy a Canon.

iggoo
26th August 2012, 01:38 PM
sorry I'll explain better I'm thinking of upgrading to a E5 because of my current camera (oly E30) had a colour problem ie purples were coming out blue, I posted on the E30 forum and was told this was a known problem. Regards Iggoo

Falk
26th August 2012, 03:39 PM
I'm thinking of upgrading to a E5 because of my current camera (oly E30) had a colour problem ie purples were coming out blue, I posted on the E30 forum and was told this was a known problem.

I think my E-520 may have had some problems with purple tones? But, my E-30 has no colour issue whatsoever! Perfect lila, pink, purple, blue - you name it. I am not aware of different sensors or jpeg-engines within the E-30 series!? So, I am wondering, if your problem may be caused from your camera settings (WB; firmware etc.).

I know, that doesn't answer your question about to upgrade, or not to. But, lets assume the colour issue is not caused by your camera (E-30), then an E-5 might get you into the same troubles?!

RogerMac
26th August 2012, 06:49 PM
I do not know if this answers your query or not but my E5 takes pictures of bluebells that are blue, not purple, as is the case with most published pictures of these flowers

Roger

David Morison
27th August 2012, 07:23 AM
Are you referring to printed images or those viewed on a screen? My screen is Spyder 2 Pro calibrated and I have no problem viewing or printing blues or purples.

David

Chevvyf1
27th August 2012, 09:03 AM
Are you referring to printed images or those viewed on a screen? My screen is Spyder 2 Pro calibrated and I have no problem viewing or printing blues or purples.

David

David, maybe his camera is at fault :eek: or his settings :eek:

Kees
27th August 2012, 09:17 AM
I had the same problem with my E-620, but not with my E-5.
It was not a white balance problem, because it only affected one specific colour. It turned a specific violet colour into bright blue, as if all the reds were erased from that specific area in the picture.

Chevvyf1
27th August 2012, 09:28 AM
I had the same problem with my E-620, but not with my E-5.
It was not a white balance problem, because it only affected one specific colour. It turned a specific violet colour into bright blue, as if all the reds were erased from that specific area in the picture.

Did you return it to Oly and they fix it ?

Kees
27th August 2012, 09:56 AM
No, I didn't get it fixed. I actually only noticed it by accident on one occasion (but consistently in multiple pictures). I fotograph the flowers in the park behind my house and there is one specific flower that is bright violet, and the camera turned it consistently in bright baby blue. At first I didn't notice, because the picture itself looks quite normal, and I only noticed when later on I happend to walk by the same flower and wondered if I remembered the colour correctly, because it looked so different....
It was a weird effect, it only affected one specific colour, other colours, that were similar (like the purple flower of a thistle) were not affected at all.
I never encountered the same problem in any other picture, so I forgot about it. It was much later (by then I had allready sold the E-620 and got my E-5) that I read that other people had encountered the same problem.

OlyPaul
27th August 2012, 10:13 AM
This has been covered before in previous posts.

Basicly if you shoot jpeg and do not do processing then you will have problems with certain hues of purple/indigo if using the E-620 or E-30.

If you shoot raw then it can be fixed at the conversion stage.

Here you have a E-30 raw image and the processed image, theprocessed image is the correct colour.

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography/image/145653563/original.jpg

Here you have a E-620 out of camera image of the same flower and one taken with the E-1....the E-1 is the correct colour.

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography/image/145653564l.jpg